Need Advice-My latest release/possibly best drum sound I've done,reamps by BrianHood

joelplagues

Jan 11, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
So I need to have this cd done finished and out the door very shortly.

My main problem was with bass and guitars but we had a few troubles there which unfortunately were unavoidable. (high end junk more than likely from the stock ibanez infinity pick ups and don't take too well to eq.)

looking for any mix advice you guys have

Main song/"The single"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/694533/Matt/BEN/A day To Forget 264 1 master.mp3

2nd Track
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/694533/Matt/BEN/Nightmares Pt. I mastered 1351.mp3

The drums don't sound like they're in the same room together. The cymbals are also really separated. I would definitely pan the cymbals in a little bit, send all of the drums to some impulse based room reverb, and get them all more cohesive.

The guitars lack some midrange in that "right" area. When you attacked the fizz you also definitely got rid of some sheen. The low mids in the bass are conflicting with the guitars a bit.

Sounds like some of the vocals are out of tune on the cleans in the chorus "this" and "FOR-get" are most definitely sharp.

The kick needs some more low end, 60 - 80hz, either that or add an extra sample that has more low end. That kick sounds good for click but is lacking in that deep low end thud. I'm not sure what frequency is boosted for the click, but I'd make it a little less intense, it sounds like 3/4k? It sticks out a lot so you could tone that down a little. The snare could do with some 4-6 k, but sounds pretty good man.

Vocal need some major tuning on a few chorus notes (previously mentioned).

There sounds like there's a fair amount of 700 hz in the guitars. The leads sound good but maybe send them to a delay to make them sound more "leady". The rhythms sound pretty good, but are lacking some balls somewhere.

bumpity bump-

sending off "the single" and anotehr track today for some promotional give away. my final mastered cd has to be out the door next week.

appreciating all comments but I also think these mixes have come to a stalemate and the individual tracks can't be shaped or pushed any other way. guitars can obviously be molded a nudge more but that feels like it's it from here