need advices on mix

There, I just re-recorded the guitars, cut off some low ends, changed some drum hits... But the drums still sound fake, is it wrong that I'm not bothered by it ?

Hopefully guitars do sound better now: my song v.2.

Both links still work so you can compare.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, is that a PODxt? If so, how do you plug that thing into your comp?

By my uneducated guess that sounded fucking fantastic. I thought the tone rocked. The main thing was the fake hi-hat thing but keeping it in could be an artistic choice of yours...why not.

Well, the guitars I like too, would be nice to know how you done them....

But something in the Hi end of the Recordings seems confusion my ears...
but I could not say in witch way, or how to fix it ;)

dasbuchi said:
Well, the guitars I like too, would be nice to know how you done them....

But something in the Hi end of the Recordings seems confusion my ears...
but I could not say in witch way, or how to fix it ;)

The "something" in the Hi end, may be directly linked to the fact that I am a lazy fat fuck... You see, I have caparison guitars, and I like'em, but the pick ups just catch every freakin' interferences they can find, and of course I record my guitars just in front of my splendid screen... That usually causes weird hi-end frequencies... But I usually record alone and I'm too lazy to hit record, turn off screen, fuck up, turn on screen, erase fucked up track, hit record, turn off screen, record, turn on screen etc...

And yep, the guitars are done with my PodXT, I'll post my settings if someone wants them... but I need to plug my podxt via usb, it might take me a couple of hours (lazy fat fuck, remember?)

I think it is very good. The guitar tone is great :headbang: , and the drums, even if a little fake, fit the mix. Nice work. :worship:

What pickups do you use in the caparison?

It would be great if you could share your podxt patch. How many guitar tracks did you record?

And what kind of eq, compression settings did you used for the guitar and drums?

One important thing someone didn't say how to do (from the threads I browsed about the subject) was how to record into the comp from the PODxt THROUGH the USB connection. I still don't know how...granted I haven't experimented with doing it, maybe I should.

Can you do it!? This question is really pretty important to me to be answered...

I don't know how, i don't have a pod xt, i just know you can.

I think you need to install some drivers for it to work first, then when you plug your pod into the computer it'll be the selected interface in cubase or whatever you run..

Oh ok. I'm browsing the manual and it just says 'you can record directly via USB', but I can't find any directions about it. It's rather annoying...guess I'll just have to mess around a bit more.

*browses manual more*

Forge Farm said:
I think it is very good. The guitar tone is great :headbang: , and the drums, even if a little fake, fit the mix. Nice work. :worship:

What pickups do you use in the caparison?

It would be great if you could share your podxt patch. How many guitar tracks did you record?

And what kind of eq, compression settings did you used for the guitar and drums?

Thanks for the compliments :)

The pick ups on my caparison are caparison pickups: Caparison SH-27 and Caparison PH-R... Not that great concerning isolation, but I like'em.

There are 4 guitar tracks almost at all time :
1 - 100% left
1 - 50% left
1 - 50% right
1 - 100% right

Here's my PodXT patch : Stillborn Tone.

I used C4 and Q6 on all guitars, very chaotic settings but that's just good for my hears, I don't know if those are the right settings... basically cut off some low end, cut off specific unpleasant high end frequencies, and compress low ends and high ends... I really don't know if that's "good" but I think it's okay.

Here's where I'm up to right now, I haven't got a chance to work on it a lot but probably will end this thing this week end : my stupid song.

Stillborn said:
Hey guys,

well, I started recording a song, and I would like to have your advices on mixing as I go along with it...

anyway, here is the extract (it's 1:20) : my song.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I know the hihat part sounds really awful

* can't give comment cause is still busy with headbangin' on this song *

Stillborn said:
Thanks for the compliments :)

There are 4 guitar tracks almost at all time :
1 - 100% left
1 - 50% left
1 - 50% right
1 - 100% right

[/URL].

i think that's the thing im been doing wrong al the time. i always recorded 2 guitar tracks. and panned 1 100% left and 1 100% right. mayby i should do like record 4 tracks and it will sound better.

btw: did you record it 4 times or just 1 for the left panned and put some delay between those and same thing on the right

Mendel said:
i think that's the thing im been doing wrong al the time. i always recorded 2 guitar tracks. and panned 1 100% left and 1 100% right. mayby i should do like record 4 tracks and it will sound better.

btw: did you record it 4 times or just 1 for the left panned and put some delay between those and same thing on the right

Yep, I recorded it 4 times.