Need Help Finding A Type of Band

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
A friend of mine really digs the music of melodic death metal, but really doesn't like the vocals.

Does anyone know an instrumental band that plays that type of music (think the song by In Flames "Wayfarer")? Or can anyone think of band with a really good singer and good lyrics with that sound?

If you mean a band with music similar to melodic death metal but with a clean singer, Evergrey is your best bet. Mercenary is awesome; they use screamy vocals though. Also highly recommended is Sentenced from the album "Down" and forward, which is cold Finnish melodic metal with all-clean singing, and its insanely catchy I might add.

Instrumental melodic "death" metal does exist. I remember hearing of a duo band that does this, but I can't remember their name. If anybody here knows it, it's a melodic death metal band without vocals that has 2 members.

I don't think some of those suggestions have what I am really going after.

Glenn - Thanks for the Mastery band. I don't think my friend would dig them, but I sure do

Urinal - If you like Beyond the Arctopus, you might like this band called Aletheian