Need help, starting with the basics ....

I have laid down a simple drum pattern - Ez Drummer
Quad tracked guitars - Left 2 x 5150 and Right 2 x XXX
Bass guitar - Sans amp

Nothing has been done to anything bar the guitars have got a H/L pass 60/12k. 16 bit dithering has been applied also.

Is the sound reasonable for a raw mix? How can I improve it? Thanx in advance. :)

EDIT: Should work now!

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/822065/rawmix01-16bit.wav
Now with a little high end on guitars;
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/822065/Audio Files/rawmix02-16bit.wav

Thanx Nuno, so to open the highs, would you
1. Retrack all guitars with a tad more treble, or presence for the 5150 or
2. Take the low pass from 12k to around 14k or
3. Leave guitars as is and try adding subtle eq on each track?

I said some highs but not too much, because the tone is good.
Probably the best way to do it in my point of view it´s to create a stereo group to where you send all the guitars and then you apply some Eq. But you have to be careful because too much highs will bring that nasty fuzz on the guitar.
if this does not help, you have to change some settings in the amp. But I think this will do the job. But one more thing, if later you decide to use for example another snare sample in the mix, just that will change all the mix as also the guitar tone.

I said some highs but not too much, because the tone is good.
Probably the best way to do it in my point of view it´s to create a stereo group to where you send all the guitars and then you apply some Eq. But you have to be careful because too much highs will bring that nasty fuzz on the guitar.
if this does not help, you have to change some settings in the amp. But I think this will do the job. But one more thing, if later you decide to use for example another snare sample in the mix, just that will change all the mix as also the guitar tone.

Ok, Added a 5db bell at 2.7k, touched nothing else.

Killer!!! Fits the style pretty well! Did you mic a cab or used an impulse? Settings on 5150?

Hahahaha! I wouldnt know how or what to do with an impulse. I dont even know how to obtain one. :)

Its a single sm 57, miced inside the edge of the dustcap on a Randall Warhead 4 x 12 with v30s, in the middle of my bedroom. (My bedroom is huge).

I am at work at the moment, so i will try my best at remembering settings.
5150 - red channel,
Pre Gain 3
Low 8
Mid 4
Treble 7
Post Gain - just enough to get speaker movement, not overly loud!
Res 8
Pres 6
Pre amp tubes are JJs and 1 EH
There are 2 panned 100/80 on the left with one being 3db lower.

XXX - Crunch channel (effects loop disengaged)
Master - enough for speaker movement
Hair 7
Body 4
Bottom 8
Volume 4
Gain 3
These settings are out of 10, not oclock.
Preamp tubes are all JJs.
Power amp tubes are el34s JJs.
There are 2 panned 100/80 on the right with one being 3db lower.

Both amps were boosted with a maxon od 808
Drive 9 oclock
Tone 11 oclock
Volume maxed out.

I am just trying to get stage 1 down properly, eg, miced all 4 speakers to see which one was best, so any more tips on making this sound better would be muchly appreciated, and thanks to nuno, big help buddy, thats the stuff I am looking for, cheers.:headbang:

Now to have even a better sound you can add some highs and a reverb on the snare too, not too much, and you could put the kick more punchy by cutting some mids.

Edit. I listening the song again and kick is very good, to change his sound now it´s more a matter of taste.

Thanks fellas, I have come a long way since the metalzone into a clean channeled marshall, lol, and now have developed a technique that I am pretty happy with at the moment.

Although only a few comments, everyone seems pleased with the actual guitar tone itself, which is a great start, seeing there isnt any processing in the first one.

So i suppose its onto bass sounds now, and how to gel them with the guitar tones i have. This will be phase 2.

So,I will throw it out there, how does the bass sound on the clips? Is it reasonable, or is there any other suggestions or opinions that you all may have, throw it all my way, keen to start on phase 2. :)