Need Help w/ an Old Set List

zappafrank

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2006
I was at the Cleveland show (House of Blues, 11/6/05, Into Eternity and Nevermore opening), and I was wondering if there's anyone who could help me out with the setlist from that night.

I knew about 1/2 the songs on my own, and got the others from when Mikael announced them. He announced "Prologue," but looking at the track listing for My Arms, Your Hearse, I see that Prologue is a short instrumental. The band definitely played a full song, so did they go right into "April Ethereal," or something else?

Here is the set list I have from that night (it's different from others I found online). "Bleak" was definitely intro'd as a separate song, so I'm missing something after Prologue. The setlist I found online has "When" and not Prologue, as well as "The Moor" in place of "Face of Melinda."

The Baying of the Hounds
Prologue
Bleak
Face of Melinda
In My Time of Need
The Grand Conjuration
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall (encore)

Thanks.

The Baying of the Hounds
When
Bleak
Face of Melinda
In My Time of Need
The Grand Conjuration
Deliverance
Blackwater Park

I beleive that was the setlist that night, as I was there. And they did not change the setlist TO much that american tour.

If they indeed went into April Ethernal I would have shit my self, and because of that i would have rememberd it being played,heh.

It was a great show! I hope The Newport music Hall in columbus has 1/2 as good of sound that the house of blues has! Anyone know anything about the newport music hall?

That is indeed the correct setlist, although I think "Face of Melinda" wasn't played until in between "Deliverance" and "Blackwater Park."

See, I'm not familiar with that album yet b/c I haven't had a chance to go back and get all the older stuff.

The only reason even I know to mention Prologue is b/c Mikael announced before the song. So was it really Prologue/When they played?

As far as the placement of FoM, for whatever reason I really remember it being announced about 1/2 way through, but who knows (well, Mikael and the boys, I'm sure).

I don't remember him saying anything about "Prologue." That's the intro to "April Ethereal" anyway.

I know my "Face of Melinda" placement is right because that's when I got the chance to move a lot farther up. And the only songs after that were "Blackwater Park" and "Demon of the Fall."

its my life ambition to see the moor played live

it used to be to see under the weeping moon played live but now ive seen that :D

the moor is mine to. as its my favorite Opeth song. However white cluster,ghost of perdition, and deliverance are in my top 10 list aswell and those are apperently being played at every show this tour, so i'll be happy.

yeah, they played white cluster, bleak & ghost of perdition in the leeds gig.. pretty unexpected.. but also they played Blackwater Park at the Manchester gig which is apparently the first time they had played it in the UK live ever, which is pretty neat cos thats a cool track too... so expect good tracks over there :)

DEMIgOD said:
The Baying of the Hounds
When
Bleak
Face of Melinda
In My Time of Need
The Grand Conjuration
Deliverance
Blackwater Park

I beleive that was the setlist that night, as I was there. And they did not change the setlist TO much that american tour.

If they indeed went into April Ethernal I would have shit my self, and because of that i would have rememberd it being played,heh.

It was a great show! I hope The Newport music Hall in columbus has 1/2 as good of sound that the house of blues has! Anyone know anything about the newport music hall?

Yes, I was there and that was indeed the setlist.