need help with a midi file

Blake

ekalB
Aug 17, 2005
i want to take a drum track from guitar pro and put in drums sounds of my own from drumkit from hell. when open it in cubase or fruity loops, it'll play on my keyboard (its hooked through midi) and when i put the output to my soundcard, it doesnt do anything. no sound or anything, can someone tell me how to do this plz.

ok wait ive got this midi drum file opened in cubase, now how do i use my own drums sounds?

i know someone has to know :erk: all i need to know is how to put my own drums sounds (from Drumkit from Hell) into a midi drum track that i took out of guitar pro

the only person i know that could help is Gavin.
i still didn't manage to get my hands of this library, but from cubase nuendo F11 and select that package
i am not sure about the whole part of how to get it in there i used to sample with sf2 files, so this vsti environment is new for me too

Right dude.

I'm trusting this is DKFH1 (The collecton of wav files)...

If it is, then you need a sampler like NI Battery to load the files in (Load each drum to it's corrosponding midi note (i.e, kick is C1). When you have correctly alligned all the samples in battery. You then set the track output to play through battery. Give it a few quickie test runs as all samples may not load correctly first time (As is the case with Kompakt, files are loaded to ram). Furthermore, the gay thing with battery is you have to do all panning an EQ within it rather than outwith.

If it is DKFH2, open it by f11 (or Devices-VST instruments), load a GM kit (if you have your track programmed in general midi), set the output of the track to DKFH2's konpakt sampler, make sure channel says 10 and you should be set.

If you're using DKFH Superior, it's a 35gb program, you obviously bought it, don't be a wee cunt and just read the manual.

Hope this helps!

alright thanks, i gotta do this later but i'm sure ill get everything to work. thanks for ur help.