need help with my pre mix

manegarm999

Apr 8, 2009
Santiago, Chile
i dont´t know why but the guitars dont have the prescence that they need. maybe the bass have much vol? or maybe i need record again the guitars with less bass and more hights or presence?

give me your opinions ( i don´t have finishes the drums vols)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty fucking cool man!

There's too much low end in your guitars. Try a highpass filter around 100 Hz, and slowly move it up until it sounds right.

Have you put reverb on the guitars?

Your bass isn't too loud. It's all pretty well balanced, the only thing I hear with the drums is your crash cymbals and hi-hats are a little bit too loud at the moment.

tried with the hight pass, but not much difference really. i will try recording again the guitars with less bass, more high and more prescense. maybe with will fix better with the mix.

some other opinions?

You could try putting a highpass filter on your reverb output channel, around 500 Hz. That should give you good presence and clarity.

The bass track is still a little usable but I'd back off some of the gain on the bass.

WAY too much gain on the guitar track. It sound almost like you are peaking the input too.

Lower the gain a lot and then maybe we can hear what's going on. Also I wouldn't really high pass anymore than 150hz on guitars because you start loosing body. I highpass at 120hz at most.