Need help with Rock/Alternative Mix

fabz

www.respawn-inc.com
Aug 24, 2004
Heidelberg/Germany
www.respawn-inc.com
Hey Guys!

Help me improve this mix! Be brutal, be honest!
What can i do to make this better?
My ears can't tell right from wrong anymore...

CLICK ME!

Drums Pearl Masters Kit (Kick and Snare replaced 50%)
Guitars are 4 tracks Guitarsuite JCM900 (i could try to reamp with Engl Fireball, Valveking, Randall RH50T or a Mesa Dual Rectifier)
i wanted to use gsuite only for monitoring but the Band liked the sound...
Bass is a mix of Ampeg SVT-4 Pro and DI
Vocals are Rode NT1a and SM58

Any hints and tips are welcome!

Thanks guys!

it sounds very good in general.

is it normal that the gate closes so fast on the hithat strikes during the intro ?

guitars sounds good for software ones. but try the dual recitifer, you'll get more life out of them. maybe the mix will resolve itself with real guitars.

I actually really like the guitars low end sounds pretty alternative rockish to me. I don't like that there is no brightness the meat is there. Maybe uad pultec or waves eq and boost at 8k a lil. But I really like it can u post ur settings for jcm800 and your guitar chain and your bass chain.

The drums could really use more ambience to get a bigger drum sound.
And the guitars are a bit dull to my ears. Could use a boost around 1,5khz and 4-5khz
And i cant really hear the bass, try to boost it around 500hz and around 1,5khz to get that more - in the face feeling.
And the vocals are a bit to dry, but thats just a matter of taste

Cheers

it sounds very good in general.

is it normal that the gate closes so fast on the hithat strikes during the intro ?

guitars sounds good for software ones. but try the dual recitifer, you'll get more life out of them. maybe the mix will resolve itself with real guitars.

There's no gate at all...

I will try some amp combinations and post it soon.