Need ideas

azistenostora

Feb 9, 2009
Tatooine (aka Milton Keynes)
I'm in my final year of my Software Engineer degree and it's time to pick my final project. At this time I have absolutely no idea what to do but I would like to combine my passion for music with software. This is where I need your help. The rules are: it needs to be a real world problem that can be fixed with a software solution.
So if you are a working musician, mix/mastering engineer or are running your own studio and are faced with a regular problem that could be solved with software let me know! Appreciate it.

Make a doubler more credible than TC electronics Mimiq (the hardware pedal). Nobody nailed the sound of double tracking yet. Mimiq is probably a good starting point for you to analyse but there's massive room from improvement. Make it a plugin and make it better.

Some kind of program that easily handles projects sent over with messy or nonexistent naming convention for the audio files. I am sure this is easier said than done since each case is it's own unique snowflake of disorganization, but maybe it's possible.

It's probably been done already (if anyone knows of a good and easy solution to this, hook a brotha up), but a plugin that allows for automatic (and then adjustable) phase aligning of two mics would be interesting.

Thanks to both of you, I'll check those out! I knew this had to exist, but weirdly enough never looked for it.

Some kind of program that easily handles projects sent over with messy or nonexistent naming convention for the audio files. I am sure this is easier said than done since each case is it's own unique snowflake of disorganization, but maybe it's possible.
This sounds interesting but what would the rules be for such a program?
Also, I'm afraid a program renaming files would be considered too simplistic for a final project.

Keep them coming!

I do have some grand ideas, but.. that would cost you..
aWxXGWB.jpg

But if you're doing stand alone software..
A vocalign-ish program (or app as the kids say) that syncs one track to the other by lining up and stretches the other track to fit, but that might be too advanced..

An app where you can sort samples and impulses in, and also preview them, drag and drop from and to the program.
Where you can make your own categories for easier access than file explorer, maybe add your own tags, but still let the files stay where they are on the drive, unless you chose to move them via an option to the category/folder you make. And you could chose to always keep the app on top.