Need opinion about the drum "groove"

Damn, I didn't know Steve Vai was on this board......sweet!

I'd definitely go with the first one. I'm not sure if it's the drums that I like better or just the whole feel of the song. Seemed a little more "dark and ethereal" rather than the second that was a little more "pop". Just an opinion. Awesome licks though man. nice work!

ScottCash said:

I'd definitely go with the first one. I'm not sure if it's the drums that I like better or just the whole feel of the song. Seemed a little more "dark and ethereal" rather than the second that was a little more "pop". Just an opinion. Awesome licks though man. nice work!

Thank you! appreciate your opinion :kickass:

ScottCash said:

I am with Scott here. The first one appeals to me more, too. No specific reason. Maybe the drums on #2 take away too much from the lead by being to clear and upfront.

Holy shit man...fucking awesome. VERY Vai sounding. Not a bad thing though. I'm a huge fan so this is like hearing a new Vai track lol. Great job. I like the real drums more.

~e.a

I'm guessing the beeping is due to a demo plug-in or something? :lol: