Need recommendations: instrumental metal

Here is a song my guitar player did (with me playing bass guitar and Jeff Daley on drums, so it is essentially ENERTIA without Scott singing)

There are more songs to be found on Youtube and there will be a physical pressing coming in the fall. We just started recording the follow-up to this as well...

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are maybe interested in something more in the jazz vein, you may want to check out the band Niacin. Billy Sheehan on bass, John Novello on the mighty Hammond B3, and one of the most incredible drummers on the planet, Dennis Chambers. Several albums out now and only one vocal track to the best of my memory (Glenn Hughes - vocals and Steve Lukather - guitar on that one).

http://youtu.be/Ocwdcw8FjvU

There's some fantastic suggestions. If you like space rock Quantum Fantay offer up some interesting music. Also, Ozric Tentacles has a huge catalog to choose from.

Yeah much applause for this thread! Not sure exactly what kinda thing you're looking for but this is a start....

Monkey3, instrumental stoner stuff. Excellent for completing tasks, chill yet motivating. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Flametal. Most of their music is instrumental flamenco metal, in case that wasn't obvious. Here and there are some vocal tracks but they do some cool covers and originals.