Need serious tip to find song!

megablast

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2008
Hello people

Ive been looking for a song i heard some time in between 90-93 but it could be older. Its in between Gothic metal and industrial i believe

But the bad news is that i just remember fragments of the song.

(At the beginning of the song has a man with dark voice talking, and in the end of the speech you can hear a horse sound,)<- I could be wrong about this part )

and then boom out comes the most haunting melody I've heard. Its hard to describe, But it was like being in a ghost house or running from something, The haunting melody was fast paced throughout the song.
But all i ever really had to go with was that horse sound and i cant find a metal song that contains it or anyone that heard of it.

I appreciate any tip i can get

Could it be off Bathory's "Blood Fire Death"?? There's horses & haunting fast melodies on that album. I think that album is from '88-'89 though. If you find out what it is make sure you let us know. I'm actually really wondering what song this is for some odd reason.

Haunting fast melodies?
On Blood Fire Death?
No.
But that just gave me an idea...

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
It occurred to me that although you don't hear it in the video, it's got horse sounds going right into a haunting, epic melody. It's not fast, but it's a thought. Timing is right too, I think.

That's not much to go on. King Diamond song maybe?
Ive been looking through KD's songs before and its not them,

could be Cradle of Filth
Been looking there too, but they were to late this is from beggining of 90-93 and could have been older.

maybe Covenant?
No it wasnt them either

Good luck.
Thx man i need it big time. been looking for many years now on every type of search word i can think of.

Could it be off Bathory's "Blood Fire Death"?? There's horses & haunting fast melodies on that album. I think that album is from '88-'89 though. If you find out what it is make sure you let us know. I'm actually really wondering what song this is for some odd reason.
Yes a friends tipped me 2 years ago about them, so i listened to all there songs but could find anythiing, although i like bathory.

Haunting fast melodies?
On Blood Fire Death?
No.
But that just gave me an idea...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDpc-831GPs
Just a thought.
Thx good song but not the one im looking for :/

It occurred to me that although you don't hear it in the video, it's got horse sounds going right into a haunting, epic melody. It's not fast, but it's a thought. Timing is right too, I think.
Yes ive heard it too.
But the song with the horses is fast paced and very heavy in the melodic part.

Sorry i cant come up with anything more its been like 16 years since i heard it
That song paved the way for me in to all types of rock music, its a shame i may never find it :/
But i will still continue looking for it,
thx for the tips so far

I just love how that guy writes sometimes.
"On Blood Fire Death? No." Like he´s some old metal professor who´s been studying the art for 50 years and doesn´t need to explain what he means.
"No." Hilarious.

What I mean is that there are no fast haunting melodies on the album. Thought that was pretty self explanatory.
And I've been studying metal since before you were born.

I just had another thought...

Really, really long shot. just posted it because this is the song that opened me up to death metal (even though it's black metal) and i had no idea what it was for the longest time.

Originally I was going to suggest Moonspell's "Vampiria" because it's got quite a haunting melody to it, and they're a gothic metal band. But, that album came out in '95 and there's really nothing fast paced about it, or any horse sounds.

Nevertheless, it's an awesome song!

What I mean is that there are no fast haunting melodies on the album. Thought that was pretty self explanatory.

I just had another thought...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PLGhP7UL-I
Really, really long shot. just posted it because this is the song that opened me up to death metal (even though it's black metal) and i had no idea what it was for the longest time.

Great song, this song in the video reminded me of another track on the same tape that i heard the song that im eagerly looking for. You know when the singer sings his voice is vibrating sometimes.
Well the other song on the tape had a singer with similar vibrating voice, almost like robotic, metal klinging sound.

Originally I was going to suggest Moonspell's "Vampiria" because it's got quite a haunting melody to it, and they're a gothic metal band. But, that album came out in '95 and there's really nothing fast paced about it, or any horse sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQLlNtR8pgg

Nevertheless, it's an awesome song!

Yeah heard it awhile back, its very dark and mysterious

Heh that would mean you have studied metal since before 1985 while being born in the 90´s and that is admirable.

^That song definitely came to mind, but he said it wasn't off that Bathory album - though could it be Emperor's cover of that song?

Heh that would mean you have studied metal since before 1985 while being born in the 90´s and that is admirable.
That's right. I've actually been studying metal since 1937.

^That song definitely came to mind, but he said it wasn't off that Bathory album - though could it be Emperor's cover of that song?
Emperor's cover is almost identical to the original.