Need some crits on this vocal mix

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
Went up to the studio rooms the other night to track these, I'd already done the music for them a few weeks back.

The room was awful. Basically, I sometimes track bands in nearby studio rooms which you can rent, take your own gear and do your thing, but for the most part they are really badly treated and have awful acoustics. One or two of the rooms are fantastic, but unfortunately they were booked up They're primarily for rehearsal but a lot of people use them for recording if they don't have the space at home (i.e.... me)

So anyway, I took my condenser which just sounded like dog shit in the room we were in, so much of the room was getting in the mic it was just unusable, but luckily I used the singer's PG58, which was the clear winner for tracking as it was more direct and didn't take in any of the reflective sound.

So anyway, I got to mixing this son of a bitch. I need some opinions on the vocal mix. I'm really pleased with how the rest of the band came out and would like to have the same level to the vocals

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/ruinortest.mp3

Levels/processing, if you have something to say about it, please let me know as my ears are shot! :lol: