Need some help with snare and kick sound

Yeah right :rolleyes: I don't know what kind of massive system you're running but just loading all the different kick samples in SSD platinum already takes more than 10 minutes here (let alone loading all the snares setting room levels to an acceptable level and testing everything against each other).

Will it take 10 minutes or 3 hours is fucking irrelevant. What pisses me off is this rockbottom of laziness (edit: Dalinkwent... put it nicely in his post). You clearly state, that you already have a pretty well defined goal what you are looking for, so instead of browsing thru the 40 kicks and snares on SSD yourself without even trying, you come here instead asking what sounds similiar. :mad: Use a track reference and use your ears, you will otherwise learn nothing. You can instantly hear if the kick/snare is not what you are looking after, and it will take a lot less time than it took me to write this message.

^^^ I went through nearly 200 kick samples the other day, and I still haven't found the right one :( It sucks how much time I have wasted searching, but while searching I have been able to pick through and sort what samples are shit and what ones ARE the shit!

I found it helpful to read the SSD manual, which gives descriptions of all the sample sounds. You can download it from Slate's site.

For those lazy ass bitches like me :rolleyes: who might be interested: I got good results with a blend of snare 12a, the pantera snare and snare 10B