need some help

due to the nature of harmonics, the only way to "slide" them would be to change the string length while playing-- for example, using the whammy bar or bending the string (with a pinch harmonic). Perhaps I don't understand the question though.

Can you give a musical example of where we can hear a harmonic slide? Perhaps that can give insight as to the technique you're after.

Aside from that there's not much I can think of as far as technique that would pull off the effect of a harmonic sliding.

Natural harmonics are static in location (Frets 5, 7, 12 and 17 are the easiest to hit) and can only make a sound like a slide when the string is bent.

You can do this by:
Using a whammy bar once you hit a harmonic (as previously mentioned),
From bending the string between the neck and the machineheads once you hit the harmonic(if that makes any sense, I can't think of a better way to describe it),
or you can buy a slide for a dollar or so, which is essentially a metal cylinder you fit on your finger and you slide it over the frets (although that generates a different sound from standard harmonics).

Anyway hope this helps some.

-Cease

triellan666 said:
do any of you have anything to add to meandors comment? and anything differnent.....sigh

I'm sorry dude. I don't pretend in the least to be God's gift to guitars, but I have been playing for over 20 years and have never heard of a harmonic slide.

Bryant