Need vocals and feedback

crosstalk

Oct 14, 2007
A couple of months ago I recorded a song for a friend and since then a couple of different vocalists have fallen through on laying down vocals. I've seen a few guys post here asking if anyone would like to give it a try for the fun of it and thought I'd give it a shot.

Vocal style would probably be somewhere along the lines of similar to Black Dahlia Murder. Metalcore vocals could work. Screaming is good, but not looking for straight up death metal. There's a quote from a movie at the beginning (typical) that lyrics could be based off, but doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if some kind folks would check the song out whether they're interested in vox or not and give me some feedback. This is the first song I've mixed in Reaper since 3.0 came out and I've decided to make the switch. And yes I know, it's far from perfect.

You can get an mp3 of the song here.

Tempo is 126 or 252.

Thanks.

I think it's from Zodiac.

Would you say the low end is missing from the bass or the bass and kick?

I always have trouble going between not having low end and going overboard with it.

I think it's from Zodiac.

Would you say the low end is missing from the bass or the bass and kick?

I always have trouble going between not having low end and going overboard with it.

everythings missing low end dude

HUGE improvement.
Ease off on the guitar high-pass too though man. High-pass at like 60hz. If you have already, then cut some of the ice-picky frequencies