Need you guys to check something out (NOT ROCK/METAl WARNING)

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Guys,

I was just browsing around and found that a CD I tracked is about to be released next month. It is some sort of brazilian christian country or something. Anyway, there are two versions of the same song on youtube, one mixed by me at the studio I work on, and one mixed at one of Brazil's biggest studios. I listened to both right now and compared, have my thoughts, but I need some outside view to see what others listen on my work.

EDIT: Just found on my computer the final version I did. The guitars are actually a lot quieter, and the vocals a tad louder (with the quieter guitars they sound a lot more upfront). Here it is : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237921/Jonas Vilar - E so Confiar master FINAL.mp3

The big studio version:

Anyway, the vocals were re-tracked, so you can discount that.

I know the music is shitty, but it is the market that I work on. If you guys can give a quick listen and say what you think, I'd really appreciate.

Big thanks,
Ivan

Last edited by a moderator:
In Finland we call this music "iskelmä", which in german/enlish is Schlager.

I like the second one better, as it is more appropiate to the genre and it's more exciting to listen as it has all the added elements like the congas/bongos and the guitars aren't as annoyingly spiky. It is also clearly targeted for radioplay as the vocals are like twice louder compared to the background music than in the first one.

Yeah, that is kinda what I thought. I am not sure the version by me that was posted is the latest one - I dont remember the guitars so loud. My version also has congas. Are they not listenable ?

Btw, I listened to this only on headphones, and the second version has TONS of delay/verb and to me it sounds a little too much. What do yout hink ?