Needed: car audio help

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
Ok so tuesday I installed a Blaupunkt cd/mp3 head unit w/ two Pioneer 6x9s in the rear deck. I'm running the rear deck speakers w/ a simple 100 watt Rockford Fosgate amplifier. All's good until today.

I installed a pair of Kenwood 4X6s in the doors and added x-overs to both to keep too much bass from running through. Mind you, these are running off of the head units amp only.

When I set the volume to around 58-60 the front speakers cut off and on briefly until I turn the volume to 57 or below. Here's the kicker. If I set the front/rear settings to -2 on the front it dosen't happen anymore. However that allows the rears to drown out the front set. :erk:

What the hell did I do wrong?

Anyone else ever fuck up and do this?

Thanx in advance.:wave:

I figured it out. The crossover had come loose from it's mount behind the door speaker. It was getting caught up between the speaker and the speaker frame causing it to "bottom out" of sorts.

I just re-mounted the crossover n a new location and listened to Sepulturas cover of Public Enemys 'Black Steel In the Hour of Darkness' and had my respectable thump w/out the spastic speaker syndrome.

Now I can enjoy the fruits of me labor. Time for a jack 'n coke.

The Radio my have a Pritection mode. It may be putting to much power to the speakers, and the Radio shuts off b4 the speakers blow. Also you may have some how mixed the + and -. Try rewiring and see if that helps. Should have wend with Soundstream there buddy!!!

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
The Radio my have a Pritection mode. It may be putting to much power to the speakers, and the Radio shuts off b4 the speakers blow. Also you may have some how mixed the + and -. Try rewiring and see if that helps. Should have wend with Soundstream there buddy!!!

My posi. and neg. were a-ok. It was my shitty mounting of the xover that was the culprit.

Thanks though.:wave: