Car stereo advice needed... HELP!

I was shopping for around $7,500 two years ago. Something reliable and safe for m'lady. We couldn't find shit! I searched for 3 months for something decent with less than 100k miles.

Never happened, so she's been pedalin' the 2011 Mazda3 ever since. First automatic transmission I've ever enjoyed! Still prefer my manual of course, but hey, progress is progress.

I thought about replacing the volvo's stereo
With a much a nicer modern one.
Now I think I'll just get the same one off EBay because that would be funnier

Is there anything on the market that I can just plug my iPod into? I mean an automotive equivalent of my Zeppelin Air? The only reason I ask is because replacing the Subaru's shitastic receiver with a new one requires modification to the center console and also I don't need a CD player or radio or any of that shit.

My Jetta comes with a built in iPhone cord, and I can access all my music through the center console kind of thing, charges it too

Cant even lower the volume whilst listening to a cd without switching back to the fm/am tuner. This is quite the common occurence from what I've been reading, and it's total bullshit.

This calamity has intensified, as I can no longer eject the cd. Every attempt to do so shuts off the stereo. USB which was once viable (cant select the album, but it would atleast play) now runs ffwd through every album without pausing. I cant even get it to sit still long enough to leave it on the AM Tuner. Ughhhh, I guess I know what I'm getting "myself" for Christmas.

@rms: Focal makes some nice speaker upgrade sets for VW. They are plug and play

@Jerry: cars suck

This calamity has intensified, as I can no longer eject the cd. Every attempt to do so shuts off the stereo. USB which was once viable (cant select the album, but it would atleast play) now runs ffwd through every album without pausing. I cant even get it to sit still long enough to leave it on the AM Tuner. Ughhhh, I guess I know what I'm getting "myself" for Christmas.

a motorcycle?

For you?

Vespa++50+1968.JPG

Got a new head unit for my 99 volvo s70 :lol:
I'll install it this week....should immediately blow all the stock speakers

Got my new HU a couple days ago. Interestingly, pioneer no longer includes an installation sleeve with their products - with their 2-DIN stuff anyway - so I had to order a separate sleeve for $40. Classy.