NEMHCF XV (Katatonia)

bathory...

Jun 9, 2007
USA, Tri State area
I know I don't post on this forum often, but I swear I'm not spamming. I guess the Opeth and Katatonia forums disappeared since the last time I visited, so this thread is appropriate here? Anyways I just saw this today and had to share my excitement, here's the first round of announcements:
Anthrax
Hatebreed
Opeth
Suicidal Tendencies
After The Burial
Alpha & Omega
Antagonist AD
Ark Of The Covenant
Black Breath
Born Of Osiris
The Contortionist
Dead By Wednesday
Death Before Dishonor
Ensiferum
Erra
Exodus
Expire
Fit For An Autopsy
Heidevolk
Hellsot
Holy Grail
I Declare War
Incendiary
Katatonia
Legion
The Mongoloids
Mother Of Mercy
Municipal Waste
No Mercy
Power Trip
Rude Awakening
Saving Grace
Shadows Fall
Suburban Scum
Those Who Fear
Trap Them
Trollfest
Twitching Tongues
Tyr
Xibalba
http://metalandhardcorefestival.com/bands/

:kickass:
Hatebreed always brings it in New England, Municipal Waste is a shitshow in the best way possible, Katatonia and Opeth of course are highlights, Tyr and Ensiferum bring some folk while Exodus and Anthrax round out the lineup with some old-school thrash. Also I haven't seen Suicidal Tendencies in a few years so that's cool. I haven't been to this since like 2011 but I'm definitely returning for this lineup.

[Obligatory will Bloodbath later be added to the lineup question]

"[Obligatory will Bloodbath later be added to the lineup question]" <--- This along with the question of WHAT show Opeth and Katatonia are sharing in the states will have a brief Bloodbath set? ONE surely will.

opeth and katatonia are coming to a city like an hour away from me. i dont even know if i care anymore.

also i wouldnt worry about spam here

obligatory hatebreed is a disgrace to metal post

Obligatory 'to each their own' post, followed by obligatory 'Hatebreed does SOME good things for SOME kids' post.

Followed by obligatory 'personally, I think they sound like two gorillas blowing each other' post.

opeth and katatonia are coming to a city like an hour away from me. i dont even know if i care anymore.

also i wouldnt worry about spam here

obligatory hatebreed is a disgrace to metal post

I saw Opeth here in Uppsala a few weeks ago, many heavy songs and problably one of the better gigs I have seen them do lately.
Katatonia was insanely good, talk about shaping up their live-performance. See them!

I saw Opeth here in Uppsala a few weeks ago, many heavy songs and problably one of the better gigs I have seen them do lately.
Katatonia was insanely good, talk about shaping up their live-performance. See them!

I saw Katatonia during their first tour of the US, Jonas looked nervous as hell.

I would expect people on this forum to not like Hatebreed, but I'm a total fanboy. I never would've gotten into their music if I wasn't from Ct and since I got into them I've seen them do some really weak sets but it depends on their crowd. They'll shit the bed when they're promoting a new album or on Mayhemfest or whatever but when they're playing Toads place and doing a throwback set they kill it as far as hardcore goes. If I remember right they headlined a night at this festival along with Biohazard a year or two ago and they both played pretty well.

As of right now it looks like both Opeth and Katatonia are playing the 18th in Albany and 20th in Worcester while Katatonia has a question mark for the 19th, so maybe a Bloodbath set on the 19th?

Also I think there's a good chance Dying Fetus gets added to the lineup because they're on tour with Hatebreed and Shadows Falls between now and April plus they've been there in the past.

In any even I haven't seen Opeth, Katatonia or Bloodbath before so I'm looking forward to it anyway.

I saw Katatonia during their first tour of the US, Jonas looked nervous as hell.

Maybe he was. When was this? Was it the first time you saw them? Before Jonas never let go of the micstand and always had his hair over his face, now he didnt even have a mic-stand in stockholm and was actually moving around on stage. :)

More importantly the sound and vocal performance was top notch, like a new liveband compared to 4-5 years ago.

Maybe he was. When was this? Was it the first time you saw them? Before Jonas never let go of the micstand and always had his hair over his face, now he didnt even have a mic-stand in stockholm and was actually moving around on stage. :)

More importantly the sound and vocal performance was top notch, like a new liveband compared to 4-5 years ago.

Twas the Great Cold Distance tour, and yeah his hair was in his face looming motionless over the mic stand. :lol: Was still a good show though.

Jason and Jason were the only ones waiting outside the venue when Katatonia went in the front doors. Blakkie told me "Nice shirt." (I was wearing my bloodred Bloodbath shirt) and I just nodded, starry eyed back like a little cunt.

Jason and Jason were the only ones waiting outside the venue when Katatonia went in the front doors. Blakkie told me "Nice shirt." (I was wearing my bloodred Bloodbath shirt) and I just nodded, starry eyed back like a little cunt.

:lol:
Awesome.
Strange how you turn into stone when you see your idols.
Ive been dreaming to see Anathema live for 17 years, I finally get to see them and after the gig in Stockholm the band stands and mingle with us for about 30mins after the gig, Danny and vincent was standing right beside me and I coucldnt come up with anything at all of substance to say. Jocke walked up to Danny and told him "great gig".

Personally I had so much to say, their music has meant so fucking much to me since I was 14... but how do you say that, they have heard it like 100000 times.

that setlist in uppsala was like one of their best evar, and i missed it :erk:
and yeah, katatonia has really been shaping up their live performances

:lol:
Awesome.
Strange how you turn into stone when you see your idols.
Ive been dreaming to see Anathema live for 17 years, I finally get to see them and after the gig in Stockholm the band stands and mingle with us for about 30mins after the gig, Danny and vincent was standing right beside me and I coucldnt come up with anything at all of substance to say. Jocke walked up to Danny and told him "great gig".

Personally I had so much to say, their music has meant so fucking much to me since I was 14... but how do you say that, they have heard it like 100000 times.

haha, saying just that took some guts :lol: