Netflix and the WTF

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
So I guess anyone who uses Netflix knows about the new player features. It's nice that when you're watching seasons of whatever show you're watching that it counts down and auto-plays the next episode, that is until this pops up:

wtfnetfliw.png

Which for me defeats the whole damn purpose. I still have to get up and push play so WTF is the point? It's not about being lazy, it's about being pointless.

Anyways, had to get that out. :D

While I'm at it. I think It's hilarious that when Netflix glitches out it blames your internet connection but when my connection does fuck up Netflix says nothing. :lol:

Have the same problem.

Was pissed when I first got Netflix and seasons/episodes didn't automatically play one-after-the-other....then this came out, and I was like "Great!"....but then the random window pops up and just defeats the purpose. I'm sure they'll get the bugs worked out soon.

At least you have something like Netflix, hulu, etc. Germany is totally fucked in that regard. The head of Constantin film (the biggest film distributor in Germany) said his company will never support any sort of Video-on-Demand service as he "want to determine when people can and cannot watch "his" movies". And then there is this whole GEMA clusterfuck. In short German online entertainment is totally fucked.

GEMA is my worst hated acronym. I have lived in germany for a few months, and it's like every other youtube video link ends up with "This video is not available in your country. A complaint has been filed by GEMA" or whatever it was

At least you have something like Netflix, hulu, etc. Germany is totally fucked in that regard. The head of Constantin film (the biggest film distributor in Germany) said his company will never support any sort of Video-on-Demand service as he "want to determine when people can and cannot watch "his" movies". And then there is this whole GEMA clusterfuck. In short German online entertainment is totally fucked.

Idiotic decisions like this promote piracy.

What a dick.

What a complete and utter dick!

Germany is pretty much still stuck in the 90s when it comes to broadcast media. Even Pay-TV only has 1 provider (Sky, formerly Premiere) and even that only has a handful of extra channels which aren't sport based and it almost entirely dubbed into German. Now I have nothing against the language (I've learned to speak it in my 10 years of living here) but I hate almost any form of dubbing (Spaghetti westerns are the exception). This also means that movies usually arrive in German cinemas, DVD rental and TV screens about 6 months later than the US release except for mega Blockbusters like The Dark Knight, The Avengers, etc usually come out in the same week but this is only in the last few years due to Online piracy.

Plague_Rider - Don't you need an American credit card and address for a Netflix subscription?

Nah we get Netflix in the UK... I changed the settings on my Xbox dns so it's letting me see all the American control tent which has like 8 times more stuff on it... There's still some great stuff on the uk on which I watch most nights on the iPad before bed....

I like to put stuff on to fall asleep to, and usually don't mind if episodes keep playing all through the night.

But every time I fall asleep and wake up later, I have the "Playback Timed Out" screen up. WTF.

I like to put stuff on to fall asleep to, and usually don't mind if episodes keep playing all through the night.

But every time I fall asleep and wake up later, I have the "Playback Timed Out" screen up. WTF.

My guess is that could be some kind of feature Netflix built into the player to time out after so much time of inactivity (as in the mouse/system/etc.)

^^^ this...
Which I ike the idea of cause if you fall asleep, when you come to watch it again you'll only be an episode ahead of where you should be...