NEUROSIS - Two NY Dates

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Long-running Oakland, California-based industrial/alternative/metal pioneers NEUROSIS will perform at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple in Brooklyn, New York on January 24 and January 25. NEUROSIS frontman Scott Kelly will also appear as part of a Seldon Hunt art show on January 26 at the Pussycat Lounge in Brooklyn. Also scheduled to perform are JARBOE, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, JAMES PLOTKIN, STEVE MOORE and INSWARM.

NEUROSIS' latest album, entitled "Given to the Rising", was released on June 5. A mini-documentary for the CD, shot by NEUROSIS and Kenneth Thomas, can be viewed below.

1. not really into them ... but I bet live they could turn me the way ISIS did.

2. these shows will sell out quick

1. not really into them ... but I bet live they could turn me the way ISIS did.

You weren't into ISIS before seeing them live? I was already into Panopticon and Oceanic so they had that working in their favour

I listen to Times of Grace and Eye of Every Storm about once a year. Good stuff but not in the same league as ISIS for me.

the whacked out Bohemian crowd in brooklyn will make this a high energy show ...
i liked ISIS before seeing them live, but the wow factor definetelly kicked in after that.

guys, ive heard this band is something special to see live. if you have the opportunity, go see them.

Went to Neurosis Jan. 13 in LA last year. It was the best show I've ever been to.

As long as I got that song live, I'd leave a happy camper.

They gotta be the angriest band I've ever heard, but, someone else put it best, "they are a goddamn force of nature live".

Last edited by a moderator:

As long as I got that song live, I'd leave a happy camper.

They gotta be the angriest band I've ever heard, but, someone else put it best, "they are a goddamn force of nature live".

Ugh, that song is horrible. Sounds like fucking LOLcore Mastodon. :ill:

Also, the keyboard is so ill-fitting. I mean, we're talking "angry" and there is just no way that any keyboard player can look angry behind a keyboard. :lol:

I don't think I will ever venture further back then Times of Grace. What was their 2007 release like?

LOL ... the keyboard player reminds me of Spud