NEVER park behind the Newport in Columbus,OH

opeth70

New Metal Member
Aug 16, 2002
Cleveland, OH USA
Visit site
Went to the Columbus show last night with my buddy Erik and we parked behind the Newport (next to Opeth's bus). I guess it's actually a parking lot for a music store called The String Shoppe. Anyways, The String Shoppe closed at 7pm, so we figured we could park there and not have to worry about getting towed. Well, after the show, we went out to our car and it indeed was towed. Being from Cleveland, we didn't know how to get to the towing place and ended up asking 3 people before someone gave us the correct directions to the towing place. Ended up walking way over a mile before we actually found it. Cost to get our car was $102. I just wanted to let people to know not to park there in the future.

PS This is the fifth show I have seen on the tours for Deliverance and this was probably the worst one of the five (I saw the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Buffalo/Detroit/Columbus shows). Mikael was sick last night and you could really tell it in his singing. The band didn't seem as tight as usual and the sound was extremely muddy. All bands have those kind of nights though...

Why the fuck would you park behind the Newport? You deserved to get towed...

I live in Columbus, and man... there is so much parking around there. I was at work or I MIGHT have gone to see Opeth (I would have definitely seen them about 5 years ago... but now they have released so much mediocre material that I doubt I'd pay money to go), but I would have found parking around the Newport in about 1 minute that was within 5 minutes walking distance.