Anthrax tonight in Columbus

Deege

Aug 15, 2002
Ohio
www.sdmfworldwide.com
Went to the show tonight in Columbus. Got hooked up by my buddy, Megadeth's guitar and bass tech Freddy Kowalo.

Anthrax were fucking great live. I've never been a fan of Joey (just personal taste), and I've said a lot of shitty things on here - but I gotta give props where props are due - he sounded better live tonight than I've ever heard him. There were still a few random cheesy screams that were a bit cringe worthy, but overall, it rocked.

One thing to note - the band didn't do ANYTHING newer than State Of Euphoria. They didn't play Only OR Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't....

The setlist was something like this:

Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Anti-Social
Indians
A.I.R.
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am The Law

I hung out with the bands and shit during Slayer's set and for awhile after the show. Jim Florentine from That Metal Show and Crank Yankers/Terrorizing Telemarketers was touring with the Jagermeister bus, introducing the bands onstage, and he hung out for awhile. Really cool guy. Got to hang out with Charlie, Frankie and Rob for a few hours, as well as David Ellefson, Chris Broadrick, and Shawn Drover from Megadeth. All very cool guys...and Ripper Owens was hanging out as well...and Lone Justin and HeadKick from this very forum...

All in all, a very cool night. I still miss John Bush, but Anthrax were still fantastic live, maybe the best of the night.

Went to the show tonight in Columbus. Got hooked up by my buddy, Megadeth's guitar and bass tech Freddy Kowalo.

Anthrax were fucking great live. I've never been a fan of Joey (just personal taste), and I've said a lot of shitty things on here - but I gotta give props where props are due - he sounded better live tonight than I've ever heard him. There were still a few random cheesy screams that were a bit cringe worthy, but overall, it rocked.

One thing to note - the band didn't do ANYTHING newer than State Of Euphoria. They didn't play Only OR Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't....

The setlist was something like this:

Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Anti-Social
Indians
A.I.R.
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am The Law

I hung out with the bands and shit during Slayer's set and for awhile after the show. Jim Florentine from That Metal Show and Crank Yankers/Terrorizing Telemarketers was touring with the Jagermeister bus, introducing the bands onstage, and he hung out for awhile. Really cool guy. Got to hang out with Charlie, Frankie and Rob for a few hours, as well as David Ellefson, Chris Broadrick, and Shawn Drover from Megadeth. All very cool guys...and Ripper Owens was hanging out as well...and Lone Justin and HeadKick from this very forum...

All in all, a very cool night. I still miss John Bush, but Anthrax were still fantastic live, maybe the best of the night.

Wow this might be a break through lol. Maybe now DMC needs to see them live with Joey. I think those 'random cheesy screams' are hilarious. I know even Joey does those as they are funny and not 'serious'. But I can see how you would think of those as 'cheesy'. I would say the same thing but I know its all just in fun and it actually makes the set a bit more entertaining. I highly doubt he will be doing any of those on this new album

It's was great hanging out, Deege. I had a good time. Anthrax always puts on a great live show. Even though the set was cut short it was an awesome dose of Thrax.

Here's some quick video clips I took of the opening and the crowd when Indians was played. Didn't have time to tape the whole thing I was too busy headbanging. \m/ . But I thought the Columbus crowd really got into it.

Last edited by a moderator: