Got the Time
Room For One More
Inside Out
Superhero
Antisocial
Caught In A Mosh
Bring The Noise
Only

So me and my stoner buddy Larry were planning on going to the show for months. Stoner Larry bought the tix way back for the original show, and he swore he still had 'em. Stupid fuck calls today "Man, I lost the tickets." I said you stupid stoner fuck, you better hope it ain't sold out, 'cause we are still going." So I went to ticketbastard charged up a new pair, and off we were. Fucking stoners. So anyway. Stood in a cold ass rainy February Ohio line for way too long, and then we got in. Normally for ANTHRAX it is all about the pit. But, being that all the stoned out mullet wearing preist heads were in attendance, we figured, "what pit." Grabbed two Sam Adams, and went up to the balcony, where we were able to get a perch right on top of the stage, Scott's side (stage left) After about an hour off shooting the shit and drinking beer, we saw the band coming out to the stage, and then "Just Can't Turn You Loose" came over the PA. It was on. The crowd was FIRED UP. There were alot of anthrax shirts in attendance. I spotted Justin DelPrince and Jason Satterfield (former Sludgeaholic of the month). Stoner Larry and I belted out every lyric in the book and were screaming for the boys all night. Bello noticed us several times and threw picks our way repeatedly, and when Bush climbed up the stack of amps to sing "only" he was staring at us, staring at him, the whole time. Ian also looked up our way, but it was a condascending look as if he were saying "you two guys belong on the floor." At times, there was a pit going, but nothing like what you would find at an ANTHRAX headline show, non-the-less, the crowd got into ANTHRAX, and I'm sure Ian will have nice things to say about Columbus in his next tour diary. Ian was evil. Bello was INSANE. Bush fucking rules. Let me reitarate, BUSH FUCKING RULES. Benante was on fire (although one time he threw his stick up in the air and failed to catch it, he noticed that we noticed and stuck his tongue out, kinda cool). Rob is a good fit. They actually let him move around, which they never let Paul do. We watched a coupla of Preist tunes (metal gods, heading out) and they soounded good, but energy wise, after watching ANTHRAX, Priest looked sooooooo lethargic, we decided to drink a coupla more beers, and head out. Superhero, was cool, can't wait to hear the final version. I saw them play "Big Fat" back in Feb. of 98, before the record came out, and it is hard to judge a song based on hearing it live once. As an ANTHRAX fan the set was very predictable, but since they were opening, it was a good set. A lot of people were talking about how good ANTHRAX were after that set. I also noticed several (not a lot, but at least 20 - 40 ) people who just flat out left the building as soon as ANTHRAX were done. Didn't hang out with the band ar anyhting. Would have hung out by the buses, but the weather was nasty, and I was feeling like shit. I'm off to bed. My ears hurt. In a good way.

YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND. MY EARS HURT IN A GOOD WAY TOO.
ANTHRAX RULES. PERIOD:headbang:

I have seen Antrhax twice before and have always left satisfied. Sunday at columbus was no exception. We drove from Cincy to see Anthrax and Anthrax only. I was crammed into a Saturn with five people. You say a 3 hour trip for a forty-five minute show? Is that worth it? YOU DAMN RIGHT!!!!! Anthrax needs to be headlining not playing warm up. WHAT A BLAST!!! I can't wait to see you again. The only bummer was the jackass at the t-shirt stand. Get a personality you prick!! But 1 hat and t-shirt later it was off to the races!!! YOU GUYS KICK ASS AND DESERVE FAR MORE THAN YOU HAVE GOTTEN!!!! MUCH BLESSINGS TO ALL AND TO ALL A KICK ASS NIGHT!!

:headbang:

Yes, Anthrax kicked Columbus' ass once again. First time they have played my home town since September of 98. The place went apeshit when John came down to the crowd during "Antisocial." I think I got a shout in there.

The weather was shit (wind and rain), and we waited in line forever. I had my S.O.D. Simpsons sweatshirt with me which was nice to have outside. But I kept it on for Anthrax since I thought I might drop it. I think I lost some weight with all the sweating I did. I took it off for Priest. I had my "I am the law" shirt from 1987 on.

Priest was awesome too. I'm GLAD they did not play "You've Got Another Thing Coming." They also played my favorite Priest song, "Heading Out to the Highway." It was their second song. Ripper is a great singer and he can get the crowd going. He could use some new manuerisms on stage though. The air-guitaring and the other thing he does get old fast.

Ty, there were actually some youngens (younger than me) in the pit. It got pretty wild in there during Priest's "Burn in Hell" and "Painkiller." There were a bunch of dumbasses as well acting all pissed off if they got run into. Hello? If you don't want to mosh, don't fucking go right where the pit is going to be. Stay to the side or the back. Duh. Being four-eyed like I am, I am limited in what I can do in a pit. Next time I'm remembering my hard glasses case.

I forgot about Jason Satterfield. I talked to him once at an S.O.D. show.

In case anyone cares, "Got the Time" was played before "Fueled." The rest of the set is correct.

They need to play "Lone Justice" next time they headline.

who talks about how he saw ANTHRAX with Joey back in the day, and now he doesn't want to see them blah blah blah. But when I was 13 I saw Priest/Megadeth/and Testament, so I saw the "real Priest." After watching the first few songs of last nights show, I realized the "magic" just wasn't there. I think the Misfits did just fine with a new singer. I think the Dead Kennedys are sucking balls with a new singer. I think AC/DC are doing fine with a new singer, I think that Van Halen sucked big time with Cherone. I think ANTHRAX are better with their singer, I think Maiden with Blaze was hokey. Etc, etc. And I just didn't get into Priest last night. I think ANTHRAX blew them off stage. Although I will give them this, they sounded GOOD. Very tight, and Ripper sounds like Halford, but it wasn't the band I was there to see. When ANTHRAX opened for Pantera, I think it lit a fire under Panteras asses and they came out and killed, much like last summer, with Slayer opening up, they had to give their all. Priest were kinda lethargic. I can only imagine how long I would have stayed at the Maximum Rock shows, had they made it to Ohio. I digress................

Ty,
I understand completely.

I think it's important for me and younger ones like me to see and respect Priest. I had a friend with me who was not too familiar with them. He likes heavier shit like The Haunted, Carcass, Arch Enemy along with stuff like Anthrax, and he was really impressed by Priest.

Fortunately Priest did not play too much new stuff. Two off the new one and two of Jugulator. It sucks for them because they (at least the older members) are probably sick of the older songs compared to new ones. Of course, the crowd probably helps make them more enjoyable.

If I had gone to Max Rock if Anthrax had been there, I know I would not have stayed for Crue and I probably would not have stayed for all of Megadeth. I don't like Dave's voice live based on recordings I've heard. I don't want to start shit with Megadeth fans. I love old Deth and I don't bitch about later stuff. I have better things to do with my time than bitch about a band I used to like. :cry:

The show was great. The band was tight. I had one problem though. One that guy at the tee shirt booth WAS a huge prick!! I wanted the Maximus Metal shirt in XL and he gives me the Among the living shirt. I go to return it and he says "I knew you would be back." I said "oh yeah?", he said "yeah, we don't have the shirt you want in XL and I didn't want to take the time to tell you that.!!! So I am like " Well now you got to take more time to tell me all of this and more...I heard him tell one guy if you want service to go to Kmart. That dude just spent 60 bucks on an anthrax hat and Anthrax shirt and he wants to be an ass hole. So to make a long story short he was an ass and I spent 30 bucks on a two year old shirt. But I wanted to support the band so I bought it. I hope the band play Cincinnati next time and I hope thay headline.

Justin, a quick word on Megadeth. I had thought the exact same thing about Mustaine's voice, but I saw them at House of Blues out here in So Cal, and I was pretty impressed. He sounded a lot better than I thought he would. I'm not a huge Megadeth fan but I do like them. Just thought you'd like another opinion.

Anthrax still kicks their ass though!!

Coop