(Neverheadz) Thoughts on HELLYEAH??? (I say HELLWHAT???)

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
O.K. I just recently got the HELLYEAH C.D. featuring Vinnie Paul (Pantera/DamagePlan) and Chad & Gregg (Mudvayne) & guys from Nothingface. I don't know what to make of this. Some songs are alright, but others are total crap. 2 of the songs are very similiar to Pantera ("Waging War" sounds like "Strength Beyond Strength" & "Rotten To The Core" sounds like "The Great Southern Trendkill") and others sound like the band is trying "too hard" if that makes any sense. One song "Alcohaulin' Ass" is like Mudvayne trying to be ZZ Top/Badlands/etc... with bad results. There are Good songs like "GODDAMN", "ONE THING", "MATTER OF TIME". But others like "Star" & "Thank You" are like "What the Hell". Vinnie Paul does have a great drum sound on this release, but that alone doesn't save an album. It needs stand out guitar/vocals/& bass as well. Anyway, I'll try to listen to it again. All comments welcome.

Zane

So this band is the drummer from pantera..who cares. The two worst members of mudvayne the singer, and guitarist? I don't know why you thought it would be good in the first place, but ok.

yeh, ive heard several songs. total redneck/jock trying waaay too hard to be all about boozin and kickin ass. complete with sing-a-long trash like "If you dont give a shit gimmie a hell yeh" not cool, not badass, not good.

the first two Mudvayne albums are awesome. Maybe you guys should listen to how they play before judging them on their gay makeup.

this band sucks though, I couldn't get through the album.

The only reason for this band is Vinnie Paul had to fulfill his Damage Plan contract and make 1 more album .I think it sucks .

Without Dimebag Vinnie is lost .

Dime wasnt really going in any good direction either. Damageplan?

the first two Mudvayne albums are awesome. Maybe you guys should listen to how they play before judging them on their gay makeup.

this band sucks though, I couldn't get through the album.

I was judging them on ld.50 and the cd with "dig" on it. And musically, it sounds like retards bashing garbage lids.

I was judging them on ld.50 and the cd with "dig" on it. And musically, it sounds like retards bashing garbage lids.

you know nothing about playing music then.

not to mention what you said about vinnie paul not being a good drummer. He has one of the most brutal in the pocket groove in all of rock music.

listen to the bass pedal work on "shedding skin" and kill yourself with that emo gun avatar.