NEVERMORE dvd, trip to ledmag's, and David Lee Roth: another ZANEX thread.

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
What's up NEVERHEADZ and "music freaks". Just thought I would stop by. Go ahead and flame me, but I'm going to see David Lee Roth in Cincinnatti, Ohio in a few hours at Annie's. I'm a really big Roth era Van Halen fan and like his first few solo albums. On last years tour with Sammy Hagar, Roth did all Van Halen songs and only one solo song, "Yankee Rose". He has James Lomenzo (White Lion/Zakk Wylde/Pride and Glory) playing bass, Brian Young on guitar (looks like a young Marty Friedman and kicks ass) and Ray Luzier on drums (a little bastard who "gives it hell") Should be interesting.

Visited ledmag last Friday. Watched the Nevermore DVD and saw Warrell with his mask and "pork chop" side burns during "Engines Of Hate" and "Beyond Within" live. Also know what ledmag is talking about with Curran "making funny faces". I guess Curran was just "into the music". Also, partook of mother nature and drank some Michelob Ultra and shot the shit and listened to music with ledmag. Visited for about 4 hours. Playlist included: NEVERMORE, OPETH, various MP3'S, DEMONSPEED, JETHRO TULL, ANGELWITCH, NICK CAVE, and I'm sure there where others. He made me copies of the 2 new OPETH'S, BRAINSTORM, NICK CAVE, LAST CHANCE, CATHEDRAL'S "CARAVAN BEYOND REDEMPTION", and ICED EARTH/BURNT OFFERINGS. I "burnt" some DEICIDE, FATES WARNING/ NO EXIT, TROUBLE/MANIC FRUSTRATION, and SHADOWS FALL/ ART OF BALANCE for the ledman. As always, had a great time.

ATTENTION Tee: Ledmag has my Neurotic Outsiders and is making you a copy and will mail it to you soon. Led's going to copy some more SOLITUDE AUTURNUS for me. Kick Ass.

Later and CHEERS

"... that's why I ... jump... " :D

nice to hear from you AND ABOUT ledmag, that he's alive and doing well.
metalized and I are happy that you liked some of the stuff we sent (he copied-I posted) to El.
thank you for the NA, I love that album very much (don't know what's going on in the meantime with that project tho).
oh, and we're MORE than happy that you liked Solitude Aeturnus.

cheers!

Hey Zane
Roth is the best frontman IMO (got alot from Jim Dandy) Hows Led? haven't heard from him in awhile.
Have a good time man,you know there will be mega-ladies at the show!!

ZANEX said:
What's up NEVERHEADZ and "music freaks". Just thought I would stop by. Go ahead and flame me, but I'm going to see David Lee Roth in Cincinnatti, Ohio in a few hours at Annie's. I'm a really big Roth era Van Halen fan and like his first few solo albums.

Heh, it's cheesy, but no flamage here. I have to admit that I was a big Roth era VH fan as well. They were my "gateaway drug" band for hard rock & heavy metal. If I hadn't listened to VH first oh so many years ago, I never would have gotten into metal.

Hope it's fun for you.

DLR with van Halen was the shit! That's fur sure. I also like his first solo album with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan. After that album it all turned to shit. What a shame.

I wish Glen Benton would go back to doing Ratt, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue songs like the old days.Benton is THE phoney of all metal.Ask her/him about Buffalo!! I have seen grade 4 kids fight back better hahahaha

I fucking wish it was him that spread the XP virus

Nice to hear from everyone. Ledmag is doing fine. I was lucky to get in touch with him. He has been real busy with work, life, etc... There has been a lot of rain and flooding in Kentucky, and ledmag told me to tell everyone Hi and he will be back on the board soon.

Tee: Love Solitude Aeturnus "Adagio" and there covers of Ozzy's "No More Tears" and Sabbath's 'Heaven and Hell". As for the Neurotic Outsiders, Duff Mckagan and Matt Sorum are busy with Velvet Revolver, John Taylor is busy with the Duran Duran reformation, and who knows what Steve Jones is doing as of late?

Troy: Yes, DLR does borrow from Jim Dandy of Black Oak Arkansas (and Robert Plant in my opinion). Also, "I wish Glen Benton would go back to doing Ratt, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue songs like the old days.Benton is THE phoney of all metal.Ask her/him about Buffalo!! I have seen grade 4 kids fight back better hahahaha

I fucking wish it was him that spread the XP virus".

This is funny.

Hawk:"DLR with van Halen was the shit! That's fur sure. I also like his first solo album with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan." I agree with you. I got to see that band perform live and a friend of mine has a show from this tour on video. Fucking Killer.

Coming soon: David Lee Roth show review.

yep, its slowly getting back in order....just pics and stuff that i cant get back is whats shitty. I was waiting to get enough pics to throw on a disc.

The probelm is, my OLD digi camera didnt have a disc...........so i lost all those pics....

If anyone has pics i haev mailed them, i would love to get a mail back full of pics....especially my colts and other animals, and my flowers and ponds.....

thats about the best pic ive seen of you BTW Tee.