Nevermore finally in the studio

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
There was a story on Blabbermouth today about Nevermore entering the studio this week. Finally. It's been almost 5 years since the fantastic This Godless Endeavor. It won't be out until 2010, but this goes straight to the top of my most anticipated list. I was seriously beginning to wonder if they were giving up the ghost....

Excellent!!! They took time but I guess Nevermore will release an amazing album. One of the best bands from the last 15 years and "Dead heart in a dead world" one my favourite albums ever.

I agree that they are one of the best bands in the last 15 years. Each release is better than the last, with the mild exception of Enemies of Reality, which was still great (and brutally heavy), but not as great at Dead Heart... Godless Endeavor is in my top 10 metal albums of all time - not one filler track.

i hate their singer, and their guitar player is a wankoff.

Can we please stick a bit by the rules?

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/192052-everyone-read-before-posting-forum.html

2) No hit and run comments!

This means that you do not enter a tread about a band and only say;

"They suck".

This is simply not tolerated! If you dislike a band or album, explain in a reasonable tone *why* you dislike them. Give reasons! Argue, and discuss. Or just say it's not for me.

So in my case will be: I don't like the singer vocals, and as much as I've tried they're not for me.

It's really that complicated instead of using insults? :confused:

It's been so long that I hardly give a shit anymore, 2010?! noooooooooooo.

And to the poster who stated that every album gets better...Enemies if Reality better than Dead Heart? Eh maybe with the remix. When I first bought EOR I hated it, and I still feel it sucks.

In my opinion, "Dead Heart" was their high-water mark - by 100 miles! Its predecessor, "Neon Black", was quite remarkable, as well.

The last two are indeed solid records, but probably their weakest output (aside from the dull debut).

"Godless" starts out great but loses steam about 1/2 way though to my ears. I never can get through the entire album in one sitting.
In fact, I actually think Warrel's solo album surpasses it in overall songwriting quality.

And to the poster who stated that every album gets better...Enemies if Reality better than Dead Heart? Eh maybe with the remix. When I first bought EOR I hated it, and I still feel it sucks.

EOR is miles away from sucking, you should really give it another try. Of course, the remixed CD is recommended, the original mix really suck beyond belief... I wouldn't say it's better but it ain't far behind.

I also have hard time to get into that album. First time I heard Nevermore I thought what a horrible music.Now they are one of my favorite bands.

Nevermore seems to be one of the bands who are acquired tastes really... I know many people who couldn't stand them for years and then got into them intensively.
I can't wait the new album and a gig to attend! :headbang:

It's been so long that I hardly give a shit anymore, 2010?! noooooooooooo.

Not to pull a gripe on ya, but my post actually says that every album is better than the last with the exception of Enemies of Reality.

I thought Dead Heart was their peak too. I'm not a huge fan of his voice for some reason - prefer the Sanctuary days - but I always check out what they release.

In December of 2000, I saw them play in a ROLLER RINK here in NJ with In Flames and Shadows Fall. LOL I'm still trying to figure that one out!

I thought Dead Heart was their peak too. I'm not a huge fan of his voice for some reason - prefer the Sanctuary days - but I always check out what they release.

I think that's the main reason some people dislike Nevermore, while they really dig Sanctuary. I like both bands, but prefer Warrell's singing in Nevermore, as it's not forced falsetto but his natural voice and tons more expressive on top of that...