NEVERMORE Frontman Reveals Partial Track Listing For Solo Debut

flu boy

Waffle Hut
Oct 20, 2003
Waffle Hut
Visit site
NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane has revealed a partial track listing for his upcoming solo debut, tentatively due in early 2008 via Century Media Records. Dane has written about eight tracks with former SOILWORK guitarist-turned-producer Peter Wichers and has also collaborated with ex-HIMSA guitarist Matt Wicklund on a few songs. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include:

01. When We Pray
02. Messenger (featuring Jeff Loomis)
03. Obey
04. Let You Down (featuring Chris Broderick)
05. August
06. Feel Failure (Hail Yesterday)
07. Brother
08. Patterns (PAUL SIMON cover)
09. Praises To The War Machine (featuring James Murphy)
10. This Old Man

According to Dane, "I'm still working on vocals for three more songs but don't want to reveal the titles yet." Also included will be a "very metalized cover" of an old SISTERS OF MERCY track.

In a September 2006 interview with Metal-Rules.com, Dane stated about the upcoming solo CD, "I've been working on it for like the last year off and on, just writing songs with Peter Wichers, and at some point we'll finish them then go in the studio . . . It doesn't sound like NEVERMORE, and I think, you know, if it did, there wouldn't be much point in doing a side project. If it sounded like NEVERMORE I think it would be a little redundant . . . Of course it's metal! Kind of like metal-infused hard rock, I think. It's different and it's a chance for me to explore myself — explore myself in other ways! [laughs] Well, for me, and for Peter from SOILWORK as well, it was kind of a chance for us both to 'step outside the box,' because people expect a certain thing from both those bands and with this we don't have to fulfill any expectations. We can do whatever we want."

For more information, visit www.warreldane.com.

01. When We Pray
02. Messenger (featuring Jeff Loomis)
03. Obey
04. Let You Down (featuring Chris Broderick)
05. August
06. Feel Failure (Hail Yesterday)
07. Brother
08. Patterns (PAUL SIMON cover)
09. Praises To The War Machine (featuring James Murphy)
10. This Old Man
11. Pancake Nipples (featuring Jeff Loomis, Jim Shepard and Lunar Still)
That looks better.