Nevermore Gear

G

Guitar_Freak_Guest

Can anyone tell me what the Equipment of the Guitarists of Nevermore is. I would very much like to know what Amplifiers they use.

Thanks in advance.

Loomis uses-
Krank head and cabinets
Schecter 7 string custom

Not sure about steve, and even though hes only touring- Chris Broderick uses the Engl Powerball, Ibanez 7 string w/ Bare Knuckle pickups, greenback speakers (I believe)

Jeff and Steve are both using Krank Krankensteins. Chris Broderick - who's filling in for this tour - is using an Engl Powerball. They used a Krankenstein, a Mesa Dual Recto, and a Peavey Triple XXX to record TGE. How much of which? Only Sneap knows. ;)

eaeolian said:
It seems to depend on who you ask :lol: , but that seems to be the "official" line.
no peavey on TGE, that info comes straight from andy.
and btw, the latest arch enemy was recorded with the very same setup, except that the krank head was run through a krank cab (it was the boogie cab on TGE), and the sound is so much different from TGE.....

Fragle said:
no peavey on TGE, that info comes straight from andy.
and btw, the latest arch enemy was recorded with the very same setup, except that the krank head was run through a krank cab (it was the boogie cab on TGE), and the sound is so much different from TGE.....

Heh, we've had this discussion before. They tracked some stuff with it, but I guess they didn't use it - or Steve misremembered. ;)

The Krank cab has totally different speakers than the Mesa, so I'm not surprised...

eaeolian said:
Eminence, either Legend 12s or Texas Heat 12s. (I'm not sure which cabs they were using.)

My rig was setup right in front of Jeff's, so I did some eyeballing. He had the matching Krankenstein cab, so Texas Heats 12s (unless he changed them out). It didn't have the little Dimebag picture on it, but the marring on the grille showed exactly where it used to be.

Dohh. Forgot about that. In conclusion they both sounded awesome, I already knew the Engl was great but the Krank really suprised me in sharpness and clairity.

The Blue Tick Hounds that Jeff just put into the 2x12 he built sound freakin' great. They've got small magnets, and the speaker distortion they make is warm and smooth. Then again, he's not playing metal, and it would be the wrong speaker for you or I.

I still think the Mesa/Celestian C90 is one of best speakers on the planet.