Nevermore....Limited Edition Box Set & DVD

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
NEVERMORE: 'Enemies Of Reality' Limited-Edition Box Set To Include DVD
NEVERMORE's forthcoming "Enemies Of Reality" CD, due on July 29 through Century Media Records, will be released as a limited-edition box set. The box will contain two CDs — the actual album and a DVD which will feature the three NEVERMORE promotional clips ("What Tomorrow Knows", "Next In Line", "Believe In Nothing"), plus two live videos ("Engines Of Hate", "Beyond Within"). The live footage was filmed at Century Media's tenth anniversary show, which was held in September 2001 at the Roxy in Hollywood, California and was previously released on the "Century Media – 10th Anniversary Party" DVD.

As previously reported, NEVERMORE will be teaming up with ARCH ENEMY for a European tour beginning on September 19 in Gothenburg, Sweden. A U.S. tour with DIMMU BORGIR, CHILDREN OF BODOM and HYPOCRISY will kick off in November.

From BlabberMouth.Net

are we listening to the same album......?? It treads no new ground whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I would go so far as to say that they have not covered any new ground and each of the last 3 records sounds the same to me.

pest666 said:
are we listening to the same album......?? It treads no new ground whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I would go so far as to say that they have not covered any new ground and each of the last 3 records sounds the same to me.

Pest,,,It's heavier and more aggressive than Dead Heart ever thought about being...but the production isn't what it should be...they used the same dipshit who ruined Queensryche at one point...I can't remember his name...but I wish he would find another profession. Nevermore is a good solid band with great musicians and an incredible singer..I think all their albums shred:cool:

Kind of a bummer that the DVD has absolutely nothing that hasnt already been released already (there goes CM trying to spend as little money on Nevermore promotion as possible....), but the album is fuckin AWESOME!

Usually I dont download albums in advance, but my friend dropped off a burned copy of the new Nevermore to see if I would crack and listen to it, and of course, I did. Enemies of Reality is like a return to form for Nevermore, and I'm thrilled that they're combining the new sound with the old sound, the best thing they possibly could have done, I love it!

Oh yeah, and did anyone say SHRED?!

I am the Voyager, I have tasted pleasures of the flesh, and drunk the pleasures of the mind!

pest666 said:

Way to be honest Pest...........you never Candy Coat it......
I respect your opinion......but I'll check out their new one, & give it a chance.........first........

I think I like one song off the Nevermore (Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday), but I really don't like the chorus. It just seems weak, whereas the verses are well constructed.

Having heard some of the radio rips of the new Arch Enemy, that record is a LOT better, and is gonna KILL IMO.....

pest666 said:

Listen up, cotton ears. I do not know how you can say that Dreaming Neon Black, Dead Heart in a Dead World, and Enemies of Reality sound the same. DNB's musical value is above Dead Heart. This concept album contains a faster pace, as well as more technical instrument work from the whole band. Now, I see where someone with little or no ear for music, like yourself, can think Dead Heart in a Dead World is the same as Enemies of Reality. Especially since they both contain 7-string guitars. The thing you, yes... you... the dipshit with no idea what he is hearing, are missing. Though Enemies has the 7-string, the riffs are much more technical, in the sense it isnt like Dead Heart's "choorrdd chord chord chord chord". This album is like "note note note, inverted chord, insane solo, note note note note note higher note, note that is on the other end of the fretboard, back down to normal place, ouch my hands are cramped just thinking about playing this". Listen a little bit close before you make complete stupid comments about something you know nothing about.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
Listen up, cotton ears. I do not know how you can say that Dreaming Neon Black, Dead Heart in a Dead World, and Enemies of Reality sound the same. DNB's musical value is above Dead Heart. This concept album contains a faster pace, as well as more technical instrument work from the whole band. Now, I see where someone with little or no ear for music, like yourself, can think Dead Heart in a Dead World is the same as Enemies of Reality. Especially since they both contain 7-string guitars. The thing you, yes... you... the dipshit with no idea what he is hearing, are missing. Though Enemies has the 7-string, the riffs are much more technical, in the sense it isnt like Dead Heart's "choorrdd chord chord chord chord". This album is like "note note note, inverted chord, insane solo, note note note note note higher note, note that is on the other end of the fretboard, back down to normal place, ouch my hands are cramped just thinking about playing this". Listen a little bit close before you make complete stupid comments about something you know nothing about.

I'm sorry fore0skin0mask0..... did I hurt your feelings? You remind me of a floater in the bowl, and you need to be flushed. A Nevermore record consists of moan, wail, whiny wail, moan, tread no new ground, wail, moan, whiny moan...... even if it is more complex (which I don't disagree on), maybe, just maybe, they should try something a little more adventurous, because IMHO jagoff, its sounds like the last 3 records. They aren't treading any new ground.

And while I may be deaf, it is far better than being blatantly blind like yourself, and thinking everything they churn out is pure gold. Sanctuary was a far better band because at least they TRIED different things. And fore0skin0mask0, you're the last person that should accuse anyone of making "stupid comments". It would be like KETTLE POT BLACK in your case. You have fun going off on your little tangent, because you're really zzzzZZZZZZ.....

Someone needs to get their hearing checked if they think Enemies of Reality sounds like Dreaming Neon Black, or that Dead Heart sounds like either of them.

And I don't think deadskinmask things everything they put out is "pure gold". I'm pretty sure he isn't as fond of Dead Heart as he is with all the other albums.

Nevermore may not be trying to be adventurous, but they have a sound that is impossible to find anywhere else in metal. And for the record, Warrel Dane is one of the 5 or 10 most gifted vocalists/lyricists in metal.

Pest, totally cool that you don't like Nevermore...but for Christ's sake, how can you say the albums "tread no new ground"? Dead Heart & Dreaming Neon Black are miles apart, to say nothing of Politics of Ecstacy. And they're definitely an extremely innovative band...name one other band out there that sounds like them.