Nevermore news - Curran

Poison God

I am the Dog
Oct 24, 2001
New Jersey
From our sometimes correct and sometimes way off news pals over at blabbermouth.net:

Guitarist Curran Murphy has officially left NEVERMORE to join ANNIHILATOR. The band's current line-up consists of Joe Comeau (vocals), Russ Bergquist (bass), Jeff Waters (guitar), Curran Murphy (guitar) and Randy Black (drums). According to www.bravewords.com, ANNIHILATOR's forthcoming album, Waking The Fury, is nearly complete, with the mixing/mastering due to be done around mid-December. The full track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. My Precious Lunatic Asylum

02. Nothing To Me

03. Ritual

04. Striker

05. The Blackest Day

06. Cold Blooded

07. Torn

08. Fire Power

09. Ultra-Motion

10. Prime-Time Killing

Waking the Fury is set to be issued in Japan and Europe in late March in Japan and Europe; a North American release should take place shortly thereafter.

Curran completely owned on this past tour and I for one will be sorry to see him go. As Annihilator's album will be coming out in early 2002 as well, it seems as though his touring commitments will be with them and not Nevermore. Any suggestions for replacements? This doesn't hurt the studio atmosphere, but Curran was key for the live act imo.

L8rs,
DavE

I don't know what to say now!! I am kinda shocked. Not that I feel sorry about Curran leaving Nevermore as for me Nevermore is only about four persons but he really was a great part of the live act!! And I can't imagine him being in Annihilator actually..... But c'e la vie.... We'll live I guess... Good replacement? Dunno. Curran was perfect for what he was...

Any idea on what's up with Curran's band, Aggression Core? I kinda lost track somewhere in May.... Does that still exist? :err:

Hello to all of the Nevermore fans and friends that i have met through the last year and a half of touring and maddness!!!!!
Fisrt things firtst! my group Aggression Core as Carrie from Seattle Metal online said is still killing people and evaiding the law!!!!!! Our next record will be out by midmarch i think if all goes accourding to plan. Now on to the other news, I came to the decission to leave the nevermore fold after Jeff Waters offered to have me join Annihilator as an Equal member and to actually get to record on the record with him. In the nevermore zone it is really all about Jeff, Van, and Jim doingthe music and Warrel doing his lyric work. I don't know of anybody out there who wants to stay in anykind of a job where you can never get a raise or advance your position or do anything to improve your career situation. So I went with Annihilator. I wish the Nevermores the best and if Richy from Angle Dust reads this GO FOR THE GIG MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!Also Rich you have to Email me brother!!!!!!! SmileySoundsStudio@hotmail.com
P.S. I will be trying to move the Aggression Core Discussion Board over to this site to join in all of the fun!!!! And check out the progress of the new Core Record at AggressionCore.com
Love and Smiles Curran

Originally posted by Unregistered
Hello to all of the Nevermore fans and friends that i have met through the last year and a half of touring and maddness!!!!!
Fisrt things firtst! my group Aggression Core as Carrie from Seattle Metal online said is still killing people and evaiding the law!!!!!! Our next record will be out by midmarch i think if all goes accourding to plan. Now on to the other news, I came to the decission to leave the nevermore fold after Jeff Waters offered to have me join Annihilator as an Equal member and to actually get to record on the record with him. In the nevermore zone it is really all about Jeff, Van, and Jim doingthe music and Warrel doing his lyric work.

Curran is the man. When I saw him w/Nevermore in Old Bridge, NJ this past September he owned the stage. I'll have to check out Aggression Core. What type of sound is that band going for? Anyway, I wish Curran the best of luck with Annihilator. They are getting quite a guitarist imo.

L8rs,
DavE

What makes you think Richie is headed for Nevermore? Just curious. He seemed pretty happy with Angel Dust in the two live shows I've seen with him in the lineup. Maybe there's a RW/Nevermore friendship that I just am uninformed about. I'd hate to see Richie jump the AD ship just to have a touring spot in Nevermore. AD's a damn tight band and I think RW brings an cool twist to that band. Time will tell, I guess...

/h

NP: The Tea Party - The Interzone Mantras

BUT WELL SAID.....

THEY *THE MEN* ARE IN A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN..

I don't have any inside info or anything like that... I was just taking a guess. And I was guessing that it might be Richie for two reasons:

1 - I ran into Richie and Jeff at L'amours in Brooklyn. They seemed to be fairly good friends.

2 - I remembered reading somewhere on the net, that Richie nearly joined Nevermore previously. Although, I've read a lot of stuff on the net, and who knows what's true and what isn't.

I wish Curran the best of luck. I had a chance to meet him at CBGBs when Nevermore first went out on tour in support of "Dead Heart". He comes across as a very cool guy. Additionally, Nevermore's live show will definitely be hurt by his loss. Out of the tons of shows I've seen, he has the best stage presence of any guitar player I've ever watch perform, with the possible exception of Steve Vai. And, since Vai is a God, that makes Curran the mortal with the best stage presence.

GZ

when i saw nevermore in wacken i even didn'T see jeff because curran was running around like an asskicked bastard :) i know that nevermore toured with annihilator through europe. if curran had played with annihilator back then he could have had two gigs on one evening ;) ;)

Originally posted by Snipous
how can Curran have officially Left nevermore since he was Never officially WITH nevermore?
That is exactly my point as well... I thought I lost track somewhere... :loco: As far as I know he was "only" a hired player to back Jeff up on guitars...

Originally posted by Jody42147
Yep right on sister....

he was on the outside but fit in damn good anyways
Sure he did. He was a great help for Jeff!! I feel sorry for him leaving but.... :cry:

well, i must say that the name of this topic is very funny imo... since curran in my language means they work... so... nevermore news - they work... is really funny :D:D:D:D

another thing... i´m not really into nevermore, i just bough dead heart about two months ago and it kicks serious asses :) so, i don´t know very well how sad is the departure... anyway, in any band (even if the member who lefts is just a live performer), it is sad to see

about wilkinson... i hope he will stay in angel dust, cause i love this band and i think the problem with the other guitarist was not good, and have another problem would be a big shit...

The last time when I saw Nevermore I don't think Curran was really treated as an equal bandmember.He was only supposed to help out Jeff with his guitarwork but that's it.I think he is totally right to leave the band if he doesn't get a chance to do any input into the band.But I can understand Jeff too.Nevermore is his thing and he mostly writes the music on his own.

Ekib from Tales From The Pit?

Hi!

(MinutemAn)

I think it would be interesting to see Waldemar Sorychta (former Grip Inc.) playing with Nevermore. Just a thought...

A.