Nevermore's Nielson Soundscan #'s

Eh, when word gets out it'll all get better...just watch!

In the meantime, tell a friend...or ten...about the greatest band they're NOT hearing.

Being a female in a metal band with the testosterone of the male majority doesn't hurt...still, a good CD is a good CD and shit is shit.

it would probably look something like this plus long blonde hair.

Emporio%20Armani%20Buddha.jpg

Btw, if Nevermore's recent album sold ONLY a shocking 5000 in its first week, then what does say In Flames or even Opeth sell (in its initial first week or total?)

I always bring up In Flames because it seems to me they are one of the bigger bands in terms of popularity at the moment, getting all the attention.

Why is it these simple bands, with 3-4 minute songs break into popularity so easily? Maybe I didn't even have to ask that, right?

Even still, both Opeth and Nevermore (more memorable tunes as well as more powerful vocal parts) > Arch Enemy and In Flames; the latter two having "some" good tracks.

Nevermore is "classic" metal at its best. It is beyond me why people aren't taking a notice to this band. Do they remind anyone else here a bit of Iron Maiden at times?

Alcapoth said:
Nevermore is "classic" metal at its best. It is beyond me why people aren't taking a notice to this band. Do they remind anyone else here a bit of Iron Maiden at times?

they don't remind me of iron maiden at all.....

People haven't discovered Nevermore because they're too damn consumed with the crap that they are forced into thinking is "real" metal. I am glad the "chosen people" are the true metalheads, for I surely wouldn't want idiots and poseurs infiltrating our "family". However, I'd really like it if Nevermore could get more sales...they fucking deserve it, for Christ's sake!!

I'm happy to say that I bought TGE on the day it came out, even though I had it for 2 months before it's release (I'm a Nevermore addict:loco: ). The store I bought it from had roughly 15-20 copies. I went back Tuesday to see how many were left, and to my surprise only 1 remained.

I have been preaching the word of Nevermore throughout NewEngland since the self titled album came out, and I have seen thier fan base grow quite a bit over the years. I can still recall seeing them play to 50 people, and the last time I saw them in Worcester, Ma there were several thousand people.

I think in the long run, especialy after Gigantour, we will see them becoming even more popular with the masses.
I have have begun planting the seed of Nevermore into my 9 year old son, and they are now his favorite band. Our children are our only hope for the future, and let that future be METAL :headbang:

Enemy242 said:
they don't remind me of iron maiden at all.....

well, not totally or anything, but just a bit. Heck, both bands are very "solo"-oriented, if you know what I mean.

Just a comparison, but I do think Nevermore's sound is far superior. My buddy listens to Nevermore and he mentioned this - didn't think so at first, but then I figured maybe they do...a bit (solo-wise, hehe)

Oh yeah, it is the few bands such as Nevermore that make me want to get back into metal again. IMO, I have been slowly actually getting out of Metal because honestly, there just isn't alot that I think is that good out there anymore. TGE slays and reminds me how metal can be fucking pure and kick-ass! There's nothing cheesy about this album - period. And, I like that.

The first week of an album's sales tend to make the biggest impression on the big suits at any label. However, Lacuna Coil took a while after the release of Comalies to become the biggest thing since sliced bread. The Evanescence association definitely helped that.

The point is, there's still hope. Keep promoting it to everyone you come across. The band doesn't always have to suffer from Century Media's incompetence. that's what us fans are for. And hopefully, this album will grow into a constant presence on as many a music fan's tongue in a short while - just like Lacuna Coil did and just like what happened with the Gothenburg invasion.

Well, the fact is, the majority of Americans love crappy music. How in the hell do you think rap, Lip-syncers, Slipknot and metalcore became so popular? This comes to no surprise to me after seeing the crap that became so popular in the past. Lets save the back 40 for ourselves. :hotjump:

Hapexamendios said:
Anybody have the Soundscan #'s for Week 2 of This Godless Endeavor?

Just curious how they did.
it's up to almost 8000 now, CM is happy and now will put more into promotion of the record probably on Headbanger's Ball after Gigantour is over....