New Abiotic!!!!

PhilTheBeard

"The Beard"
Jun 23, 2009
Cape Coral, Florida
www.facebook.com
Hey Guy's!!! Here is the new single off of the Metal Blade records debut from a band me and cj worked on called Abiotic. Me and Cj both produced and engineered this album. Charles mixed and Alan Douches mastered it. and Jeff Dunne did us a huge solid and cleaned up all of our edits on this album. he is amazing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, just saw the thread now, like I already told you a few times, I really like what you and CJ
are putting out, loving the way you both work with vocals and the guitar sound is sick!

Brutal production dudes! Love the squishy guitar tone and intense vibe.

Thanks dudes!!!

AND FUCKING WIN on the 'intense vibe' comment! That's what I was going for.... the vibe of a band playing in the middle of the universe, just them fucking jamming so hard the vacuum of space breaks and sound can be heard from light years around them.... hahaha... WEIRD.

KUDOS on the vocal comment bro! Vocals are my favorite part of every production and take a lot of pride in the way I do things!

Very old-school type tracking. And we do it until it's RIGHT. I don't have to edit, move or do any other distortion type trickery once the band leaves the studio. everything you hear vocally, especially on the Abiotic record, is straight up what came out of the mic + chain that I captured Rays' vocals with.... No ITB comps on the vox... I'm especially proud of that one, haha.

BTW DUDES! This record is fucking QUAD-TRACKED. Hahaha. It just seemed appropriate given the immense talent of both Matt + John and I wanted this to sound as 'big' or THICK, rather, as possible...

Pretty happy with how Alan mastered my mix! First experience with an outside mastering engineer so I'm sure it's always a little strange to hear for ANYONE doing it for the first time....

West West Side in general is a big win. Ive had three albums Ive played on mastered there in the past, only one specifically by Alan but they all came off great. Im actually mixing the next thing I plan on sending over there for mastering and Im curious if you have any insights or impressions pertaining to what you sent vs what came back? Also this sounds really cool, great job. What amps were used?