New Agalloch

Fuck don't make posts like that! You made me think they had announced its recording or release date or something relevent. Anyways I have no idea but I can't wait to see how they combine the elements that were brought forward in their EPs into the new album...

Their next EP will be a split with Nate Dogg, in which they remix another set of Mantle tracks into electronic tinged hip hop.

Dude, what the fuck was up with that Odal remix?!? Sounded like a bunch of whack ambient noise to me, that was the most disappointing thing in the world...

Agalloch's new album will suck. Reminiscent of everything else they've done. That's my speculation.

Pale Folklore really is better then the Mantle IMO, it seems like they had more material to use in the album, while on the Mantle it seems that the material was more limited and spread throughout.

There was a period where I prefered Pale Folklore but I think that was because of how little I'd listened to it, so it was more fresh sounding, but I definitely think The Mantle has a much more lasting effect on me

well, their drummer was also the singer and the guitarist. So you can't expect the most awesome drumming ever (most guitarists I've known were terrible drummers)

I disagree with you there, the drumming is perfect for this album, although it is not without a few missed beats, it has the perfect tone and inflection, the bass drums meld into the rhythm and i love how the ride cymbal sounds.

Minion520 said:
I disagree with you there, the drumming is perfect for this album, although it is not without a few missed beats, it has the perfect tone and inflection, the bass drums meld into the rhythm and i love how the ride cymbal sounds.
Exactly which album are you talking about? The drumming could have definitely been better, but that doesn't hinder how much I like Agalloch.

You got be all excited for when I clicked on this thread. Never let it happen again