New Album Clips

Matt, I absolutely love your lyrics! The first CD has some of the best lyrics I have ever heard/read, Christian or secular. I have always thought that, but have been listening to the CD a lot (like usual) and wanted to tell you that. The complexity is not forced, it's just how you write. It's from the heart, but never cheesy or cliche. I was reading through some of my own Christian lyrics the other day, and was like, "this might be something Matt Smith would come up with." And I knew that meant they were good. I'm not trying to be a suck up or anything. But your lyrics are incredible. The middle section of "Theocracy" (Father, use me to be Your hands down here - Within our souls: Theocracy) challenges me every time I hear it. In particular, the lines "What right have I..." Very profound. Having another CD full of lyrics like that is going to rock! (I'm curious though, did any of the other guys contribute lyrics to this one? I don't want to sell them short if they did! I'd like to see what they bring to the table...) God gave you a LOT of talent. He is going to continue to bless you and bless others if you keep Theocracy going and following Him! I'm still praying for you guys.

So yeah... and also ... I was just listening to the new album clips and totally getting inspired and feeling the Holy Spirit! I was thinking, "if the clips do this, imagine what the CD will be like...or a full song!" :D (Yes, that is a poorly disguised hint!)

Yeah sorry guys, I meant to mention this at the time but we had to pull those clips down once we signed with Ulterium, because they wanted to wait until we could put final mastered stuff up. Don't worry though, I think we're going to put the mastered "On Eagles' Wings" up for ya soon.

Wow, the more I listen, the more I like! I'm so excited, I had to write a second post! It's like when I first found the band and heard some samples of the first album, I was like a kid that's just been given this thing he'd been dreaming about for christmas. In my case, the thing is this: intelligent melodic and powerful metal, with lots of voice harmonies and great melodies, both uncompromised in the quality and form of the music and in the power of the message and lyrics. That is my favorite type of music, and Theocracy is the band that makes it the best! Thank you!