New album Foregone out February 2023

I pay for a VPN so it's not a problem for me.
In Spain, torrent sites are, supposedly, blocked by the internet providing companies. But, they can just block the dns. So, I just use google's dns servers as my main dns provider so I have access to all of those sites.

But, seriously, get soulseek.

I just made a quick search with "In Flames Siren Charms instrumental" and there are five sources with the album divided by tracks.

DNS fix never worked for me, but the VPN isn't too expensive. Gives me access to geoblocked content as well which is good for Netflix and YouTube.

Gives me access to geoblocked content as well which is good for Netflix and YouTube.
Do you know that there are shows and movies at Netflix that are only visible after changing the main lsnguage? My wife watches Kdramas that are available after she changes the language to Korean.

And... Five minutes and I yet have the instrumental version from SC.

I have seen some differences when I change language on Netflix, but typically I've just been looking for kdramas that my gf's daughter has ordered me to watch.

I split my instrumental version of SC manually a while ago, although since I really only listen to it as background music anyway having it as one file usually works fine.

Reactions: eochaid
On the topic of that instrumental album, In Plain View and Through Oblivion are really nice as background music

I must admit that In Plain View is more enjoyable without Anders. Like, it's a song that I don't like at all. But, this way is listenable. Despite some questionable decissions regarding the mix.

But Everything's Gone is still shit :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

I'd actually love to hear an acoustic version of the SC album with no vocals. I think it'd sound pretty nice.

Reactions: galvanized
Yep. Definitely there's something wrong with the mix for the songs.

And Through Oblivion is another songs that benefits from not having Anders around. That chorus, without the vocals, sounds great. This despite the annoying use of electronics.
Though I'm not sure if it's the chorus or the post chorus section. The bridge or whatever that's called after the second chorus.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
I noticed a lot of nice things on SC instrumental that were hidden by Anders vocals. Much like ASOP, he is the biggest issue with Siren Charms. That's not to say the instrumental side of the album is great, because it's not, and production/mixing stil needs work... but there is some potential there instrumentally for an interesting album. Still not what I'd call an In Flames album, but something that would have made a cool little side project.

Agreed. FOr example, I wonder why the lead guitars are so muted during some choruses. It's like, why even using them if they're going to be misused?

Someone ripped the instrumental version of siren Charms off vinyl as that's the only format it was ever released on.

Ever since kingdom leaks died it's been harder to access leaks :(

I do miss KL. Way wayyy back in the day, there was kerrazy-torrents which now seems like the holy grail of leak sites. Shit would leak months in advance. Before record companies started watermarking promos, we could basically download them as reviewers got them. I still have audio files that were from promo copies.

Even if you didn't use that site, IRC and DC++ were havens for early leaks too. If this was back then, we'd all have had Foregone since November. :D

Reactions: DE4life
Though I lived those days, I don't think that it's as good as a lot of people seems to think. Having the leak months before the release... It kind of breaks the magic.

It's amazing, in a negative way, how electronics are given a more prominent space than lead guitars. It's a WTF were you thinking about?

For example. Dead Eyes is a song that I would like with a different mix. But the electronics are killing it for me.

Reactions: DE4life
I noticed a lot of nice things on SC instrumental that were hidden by Anders vocals. Much like ASOP, he is the biggest issue with Siren Charms. That's not to say the instrumental side of the album is great, because it's not, and production/mixing stil needs work... but there is some potential there instrumentally for an interesting album. Still not what I'd call an In Flames album, but something that would have made a cool little side project.

We all need to pool our money together and pay a vocalist to re-write vocal melodies, record it and then maybe we'll all like Siren Charms a little more. :D

Kingdom leaks is on discord now. With multiple download leak sites. They had the server info before shutdown. When I get on my computer later I will try and share it

We all need to pool our money together and pay a vocalist to re-write vocal melodies, record it and then maybe we'll all like Siren Charms a little more. :D
While some songs are benefited from Anders not being there, others are equally boring. I think about EG, WEWO or WTWE.

Kingdom leaks is on discord now. With multiple download leak sites. They had the server info before shutdown. When I get on my computer later I will try and share it

I checked it out once and all I remember seeing was basically just a list of upcoming releases. Maybe I missed something.

While some songs are benefited from Anders not being there, others are equally boring. I think about EG, WEWO or WTWE.

I mean, I like Everything's Gone a little bit, but even then, I don't ever really listen to it. The album in general is just not good imo. I would be interested in hearing a talented vocalist re-write some vocal melodies and harmonies and just see what they could do with it.

I mean, I like Everything's Gone a little bit, but even then, I don't ever really listen to it. The album in general is just not good imo. I would be interested in hearing a talented vocalist re-write some vocal melodies and harmonies and just see what they could do with it.
I agree. Sometimes, good vocals can make some mediocre melodies shine.

Reactions: The Grayfox
Agreed. FOr example, I wonder why the lead guitars are so muted during some choruses. It's like, why even using them if they're going to be misused?

This is actually common across IF songs since Colony. I noticed it when separating the vocals/instruments a couple of weeks back. At first I thought the program was doing it, but when I went back and listened to the song, it's accurate. They definitely lower the lead guitar sound during chorus and any major vocal section on all albums post-Whoracle. I assume it's done so that the vocals aren't drowned out or distorted by the guitars.