New Album Sneak Peek

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Hey Guys--
We didn't have time to record a Christmas song this year between work schedules, rehearsing for Christmas Rock Night and working on the new album. But we thought maybe you'd like a sneak peek of some of the new material instead. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas! :)

Reactions: Cronopio
Sounds great! I especially like that it's coming "next year" so it must be nearing completion. Great news! Merry Christmas!

I hate rating stuff based on the teaser, but knowing that it's Matt and his high quality production, I am pretty convinced it's gonna follow suit with the rest of the masterpieces.

Reactions: Sonic Turmoil
Matt, have you ever considered having the band do something more Christian mainstream so you guys can quit your day jobs? I love Theocracy, but you could change your name and do something a lot more Christian radio friendly, while still releasing metal music under the Theocracy title. Just thinking a talented musician like you and your band should not have to work day jobs. Just a thought, you could do some really good praise and worship stuff to support you and give you more time for Theocracy as well. It is just a thought, I really love your music and wish there were a big enough market out there to support you guys full time. I can't believe that most of the successful Christian metal bands right now are metalcore. Well at least more and more people are hearing about you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonic Turmoil
I like the reference in the beginning to Queensryche's making of Promised Land CDROM. I still have my copy. :) I wonder if such ancient software would run on my computer?