New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

Tool/Opeth would be good for Opeth in terms of exposure and financial means (I'd guess) considering Tool's popularity, and since I think Mike digs Tool. definitely not something I'd go to though

Tool is a good band, but way too many people suck them off. :erk:

I am totally against the MJK ass kissers crowd. I enjoy the music that they create, and think they are on a higher plane of musicianship than the majority of bands out there, except for Opeth of course.

My thought on both Opeth and TOOL is that they would continue to play gigs whether or not they had the popularity that they currently have.

Just my humble thoughts.

Mix

you know Mix, there are other bands out there with a musicianship level equivalent (or god... maybe better!) to Tool and Opeth

Tool is amazing, but so many people during the La-ter-al-us days fucked it up for me. I still love them, but so many prep kids dancing around to schism is just bullshit. Not even knowing what music is, ya know? Kinda the same thing with kids shouting out the soft lyrics to Ghost of Perdition, ruins it a lot for me. I hate people. Seriously

but aside from that, I hope this next record is Opeth's hardest to date with minimal clean lyrics (such as on the MAYH album) simply because Ghost Reveries made lots of fans for Opeth for all the wrong reasons. Was it a bad thing? Not for opeth, but for true fans? Absolutely. No one wants to see some blonde bitch taunting around an opeth shirt and singing isolation years LOL!

my 2 cents.

EDIT: before i get flamed i thought I should add i'm a very laid back chillin kind of guy, I just put my head down in shame when I see some ditzy chick or guy wearing a band shirt and can't even tell me what some of the songs are, or they like them for all the wrong reasons and they only like them because they are "KOOL DUDD!@!1". I'm pretty sure you guys can agree with me on that.

Tool is amazing, but so many people during the La-ter-al-us days fucked it up for me. I still love them, but so many prep kids dancing around to schism is just bullshit. Not even knowing what music is, ya know? Kinda the same thing with kids shouting out the soft lyrics to Ghost of Perdition, ruins it a lot for me. I hate people. Seriously

but aside from that, I hope this next record is Opeth's hardest to date with minimal clean lyrics (such as on the MAYH album) simply because Ghost Reveries made lots of fans for Opeth for all the wrong reasons. Was it a bad thing? Not for opeth, but for true fans? Absolutely. No one wants to see some blonde bitch taunting around an opeth shirt and singing isolation years LOL!

my 2 cents.

EDIT: before i get flamed i thought I should add i'm a very laid back chillin kind of guy, I just put my head down in shame when I see some ditzy chick or guy wearing a band shirt and can't even tell me what some of the songs are, or they like them for all the wrong reasons and they only like them because they are "KOOL DUDD!@!1". I'm pretty sure you guys can agree with me on that.

what

I couldn't care really if other people like Opeth, and I certainly wouldn't judge their reasons for liking it. Stuff like Isolation Years is so beautiful, and you know what? If I saw some blonde slag walking around singing on Isolation Years, I'd probably sing along.

my 2 cents.

I agree with you in a sense... I mean, I hate it when people go like "Yea, I'm totally an Opeth fan. Damnation is the only good album though..." On the other hand, I have no problem with people liking only damnation/the ballads but not calling themselves fans, ie my brother or my girlfriend. :)

Hopefully the new album does not have those 'stop and go' riffs(polyrhythms) on it. Opeth on the last two did not have enough where I was annoyed, but if they start going into that territory I am going to be pissed.

Hopefully the new album does not have those 'stop and go' riffs(polyrhythms) on it. Opeth on the last two did not have enough where I was annoyed, but if they start going into that territory I am going to be pissed.

because opeth should listen to everything you have to say and please you in every way possible so as not to let you be pissed, instead of them having fun making music:erk:

whats a wrong reason to like a band?

Ok, well, Mikael PM'd me and said he most definitely will not record "Holiday" by the Scorpions. He said that was not his favorite metal ballad. Instead they will record "Wait" by White Lion. You heard it hear first.

Ok, well, Mikael PM'd me and said he most definitely will not record "Holiday" by the Scorpions. He said that was not his favorite metal ballad. Instead they will record "Wait" by White Lion. You heard it hear first.

kewl O: mike pm'd you :D ant told you what cover they're gonna do! awesomness unvailed