New Alcest Album

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=147779580&blogId=499995356

new album
I will enter the Markus Stock's Studio E for recording the second Alcest album from the 27th of July to mid August. The mix/mastering will be done by N. Xort in september at the Drudenhaus Studio.

This album will contain 6 tracks : 4 new ones and the 2 ones from "Le Secret" re-recorded. As for the total playing time, it will be around 55 min. The concept will change a bit from "Souvenirs...", since I am dealing with the usual Alcest subjects but this time using ocean's thematic as a metaphor. I have been inspired a lot by seaside romanticism these last times, it's strengh and mysteries and I wanted to use it as the main idea/imagery for the new album.
Musically expect something slightly different as well, more complex in the structures (two of the new songs are 10 minutes lenght), emotionally wider, with a lot of contrasts and dark blue soundscapes...
But obviously this is still 100% Alcest, with its typical ecstatic moments and deep nostalgia.

Also Winterhalter (Amesoeurs/Les Discrets/ex Peste Noire,..) will play drums on this recording.

The release date is planned for january 2010.

Neige is releasing it as a birthday for me, naturally.