ALCEST

The Black Death

WoY supporter
Jan 7, 2008
Burial ground... Quebec
Summer - SUN ( finally ! A lot of rain here lately ) and a beer :)
Souvenirs d'un autre monde in my c.d player at the moment...
And this update on ALCEST myspace !

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=147779580&blogId=499995356

Monday, July 13, 2009
new album
I will enter the Markus Stock's Studio E for recording the second Alcest album from the 27th of July to mid August. The mix/mastering will be done by N. Xort in september at the Drudenhaus Studio.

This album will contain 6 tracks : 4 new ones and the 2 ones from "Le Secret" re-recorded. As for the total playing time, it will be around 55 min. The concept will change a bit from "Souvenirs...", since I am dealing with the usual Alcest subjects but this time using ocean's thematic as a metaphor. I have been inspired a lot by seaside romanticism these last times, it's strengh and mysteries and I wanted to use it as the main idea/imagery for the new album.
Musically expect something slightly different as well, more complex in the structures (two of the new songs are 10 minutes lenght), emotionally wider, with a lot of contrasts and dark blue soundscapes...
But obviously this is still 100% Alcest, with its typical ecstatic moments and deep nostalgia.

Also Winterhalter (Amesoeurs/Les Discrets/ex Peste Noire,..) will play drums on this recording.

The release date is planned for january 2010.

I have no idea why this band gets the attention it does. It's so dull and toothless, I've heard heavier thunderstorms.

It doesn't even have that, it's just boring. The thunderstorm thing was just to say how "there" this band is, it's too limp wristed.

I'm sorry, I thought I was on a forum, but I guess not. Everyone is all hugs and high fives until someone disagrees.

There's just no point in saying that a band is boring and worthless, without stating why or anything objective/constructive, in a thread about that band. Obviously the thread starter likes them and wants to hear from other people who share his view or have something positive or interesting to add. If you don't, why waste everyone's time?

That's like saying "You can share your opinion, as long as I agree with it". The thread starter can like them all he wants, I'm not stopping him, but I don't get why people make these threads about a band and then get all uppity when someone has something negative to say about them. If you don't want someone disagreeing with you, you shouldn't be on a forum in the first place, you're going to get opinions from both sides regardless. That "If you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything" thing doesn't really fly.

I never said you could share your opinion. I'm not saying don't say anything if it,s not positive, but at least give some interesting comment on the band. "They bore me. They're not heavy enough" is not interesting.

There isn't much else to say, it's just lifeless music. The kind of stuff you can't straight up hate, because it's too ho-hum.

Ho-hum , now that is totally interesting and describes their music well. Almost as well as "dull and toothless" or "there" or "limp wristed" :lol:

Do these sayings have any real meaning?

I'm not a fanboy to any stretch of the imagination. I've heard the album maybe twice. I was just hoping to find some kind of stimulating discussion about them. I guess that was too much to expect from the internet. Anyways, I have better things to do. Carry on...

Excellent band, and I am glad to hear he is recording new material. I look forward to it greatly.

As for the thread-spam....
Not everyone likes everything, but the faux-elitism in the metal community is laughable. If you don't like something, why bother bashing it in a thread that is obviously about the band in a positive light? Is it that important that we know that you don't like them? Does it validate you to mock something that others hold dear? (don't answer, the questions are rhetorical) Regardless, arguing about it is complete rubbish, and a waste of time.

I love the last track "Tir Nan Og"...very amazing with the piano.
Some of the album sounds very similar to Agalloch which could be easily avoided into something a more original for the acoustic/melancholic sound...but it's still a great CD. I have it.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed Souvenirs d'un autre monde. Great driving music. Looking forward to the new stuff as well.

Alcest North American tour dates announced !!!

http://www.profoundlorerecords.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=866&Itemid=2

ALCEST will be embarking on a mini-East Coast North American tour (which will include several Canadian dates as well) in April to coincide with the release of their new album "Écailles De Lune" which will be released very soon worldwide via Prophecy Productions. Read further for the dates (with some TBA) and to check out the online tour flyer.

Alcest will be playing with a variety of bands on this tour nonetheless, most notably bands such as Velnias, Liturgy, Clad In Darkness, Woe, Monarque, and Have A Nice Life to play multiple dates with them.
alcest_na_tour%20poster.jpg