New Alice in Chains song

Well, that riff is pretty heavy. I'm pleasantly surprised with the heaviness actually (especially on the first single without Layne). You can't compare anyone to Layne, so I'm not going to, but on their own, the vocals sound fantastic. The harmonies on the other hand, are almost on par with the old AIC.

I could do with a solo though, or something else to break up the repetition. Will have to give this some more listens to sink in, but for now I'm really liking this song. Could be because of my low expectations, or it could be because this song kicks ass.

AIC is godly, one of my 2 or 3 favorite bands ever.

This song is ok, not brilliant but not bad either, vocals sound alright. Waiting anxiously for the new album.

hope this isn't a final master cos if it is then once again it suffers from the loudness wars. distortion and clipping all over the place.

good song, duvall is a fine replacement for layne and as long as jerry is still writing everything then it really doesnt matter

They sound similar but good

I also read that cantrell and co really tried hard to get staley back to tour and jam, but he refused to kick his drug habit and screwed up his whole career, its a great thing that they decided to move on. and for god's sake staley's dead, get over him.
PS - Kinney is spot on :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
They sound similar but good
I also read that cantrell and co really tried hard to get staley back to tour and jam, but he refused to kick his drug habit and screwed up his whole career, its a great thing that they decided to move on. and for god's sake staley's dead, get over him.
PS - Kinney is spot on :headbang:

shit opinion. staley's voice was one of the most unique voices in rock/metal and his lyrics, especially during his habit/the end of aic. were quite honestly phenomenal. that's not to say that aic can't go on without him (since it's cantrell's band), but saying "he's dead get over it" is kinda disrespectful to a guy that everyone (especially in the band) obviously holds a lot of reverence for.

and talk about twisting something to fit your own agenda. "he refused to kick his drug habit." have you ever been addicted to heroin, especially the way staley was? it's not like you just wake up one day and decide "oh yeah I'm gonna kick this motherfucker, I'm done."

from what I understand he tried rehab several times but all it takes is that one temptation to do it again and you're back on the smack for good. not to mention that by this point (I'm guessing this is somewhere around 98 or 99, since the last show they did was in 96), his addiction was so out-of-control that he'd die from the withdrawal.

shit opinion. staley's voice was one of the most unique voices in rock/metal and his lyrics, especially during his habit/the end of aic. were quite honestly phenomenal. that's not to say that aic can't go on without him (since it's cantrell's band), but saying "he's dead get over it" is kinda disrespectful to a guy that everyone (especially in the band) obviously holds a lot of reverence for.

and talk about twisting something to fit your own agenda. "he refused to kick his drug habit." have you ever been addicted to heroin, especially the way staley was? it's not like you just wake up one day and decide "oh yeah I'm gonna kick this motherfucker, I'm done."

from what I understand he tried rehab several times but all it takes is that one temptation to do it again and you're back on the smack for good. not to mention that by this point (I'm guessing this is somewhere around 98 or 99, since the last show they did was in 96), his addiction was so out-of-control that he'd die from the withdrawal.

He was actually clean for a long time, until his girlfriend died in 96. After that he got heavily into drugs again and from then on, it only got worse.

exactly, which was kinda my point. at that point he was a recluse and just didn't care anymore and so he'd die from the withdrawal.

hmmm i guess you're right about kicking the drug, but everyone should accept the new aic without staley instead of brooding over his death imo.