New Alice in Chains

SueNC

Southern born, metal bred
Dec 13, 2004
i've seen them live with the new vocalist and he did a good job [though i think Jerry Cantrell carries most of the music to preserve the AinC sound]. the new album is out and if this first release is any indicator, it's time to go to the cd store. :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen them do this song on Jimmy Kimmel late September, and I was pretty impressed, the lame audience wasn't. I haven't seen them live since their tour with Suicidal tendencies back in 1993, but bugger going to the CD store... I'm just gonna download it :lol:

I am a big Alice In Chains fan and I dig the new record. Though, it`s more like Jerry Cantrell solo album. Degradation Trip II. comes to my mind. I miss Layne Staley, but the guys definitely did a great job. Some of the songs are killer.

I decided to go through some old boxes and found a bunch of old concert shirts that I don't wear anymore. If anyone is interested, I'm selling my "Bleed the Freak" Alice in Chains t-shirt. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280414244475&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I'm also selling my 1991 Metallica concert shirt, Sepultura Arise t-shirt, Suicidal Tendencies "Feel like Shit...Deja Vu" shirt, Infectious Grooves 1991 tour shirt, Annihilator Never, Neverland tour shirt and the ZZ Top Recycler tour shirt.

after several good listens i have to give this one big ups.

i miss Layne, but this is better than the last album they did with Layne, by a long shot.

it's true, however, that Jerry Cantrell carried most of the sound. the songs where William was pretty much on his own werent bad, at all, though.

just an overall excellent return, IMO. :headbang:

i miss Layne, but this is better than the last album they did with Layne, by a long shot.

it's true, however, that Jerry Cantrell carried most of the sound. the songs where William was pretty much on his own werent bad, at all, though.

The last album with Layne (the three legged dog) was great in my opinion, just a bit different from what they had done before, very versatile and enigmatic. BGWTB is also different...I would say heavier, more Black Sabbath influenced. Anyway, in two weeks they`re gonna be in my hometown and I am soooo going.

The last album with Layne (the three legged dog) was great in my opinion, just a bit different from what they had done before, very versatile and enigmatic. BGWTB is also different...I would say heavier, more Black Sabbath influenced. Anyway, in two weeks they`re gonna be in my hometown and I am soooo going.

the last album [self titled] with Layne was great. i just think this one is better.

Naw, you were right the first time. The self-titled album was horrible! The new album is more like it. I put it on every morning, while taking a shower. Album of the year, for sure.

Talk about beating a dead horse. Best part of this band got stuck between Layne Stayleys toes.
We don't care, bye bye.