New Amorphis video

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I was a bit worried after the departure of Amorphis vocalist, but the new one delivers for me.

http://www.nuclearblast.de/media/video/NB_1596.ram

The new album "Eclipse" comes via Nuclear Blast on February 17.

P.S. I just downloaded the album and some songs are on harsh vocal mode. I guess it will satisfy pre-"Tuonela" fans, but I'm not sure about me

not a bad song. is the rest of the album as doomy?

When I saw the band play at BB King's, the old singer eminated such energy and passion. He will be missed.

I hadn't heard the album through yet but I feel it more like "Elegy" period music.

NP: Motorhead - 'Down on Me'

I heard they were going death vocals again, maybe they'll redeem themselves - I lost interest in them after Tales...

HAHA, the new song reminds me of HIM, Creed and even a lil bit of Nickleback or something........but i realy like it. As "modern rock" as it sounds, it is better than alot of stuff ive heard lately, i might have to pick the new album up.

Eternal Decadent said:
More in the vein of Elegy , Tuonela and a bit of AM Universum

Indeed, but half of the songs are more towards "Elegy" and before (growls).

Wyvern said:
Indeed, but half of the songs are more towards "Elegy" and before (growls).

Growls? that stinks.
Amorphis only became great when they dropped the growls. Their death vocalist was just dreadful....too 'brutal', too indistinguishable. Had he sounded anything like Mikael of Opeth or Aaron of My Dying Bride, it would be fine.

Is it the same (death) vocalist as years ago (the guitarist)?

SoundMaster said:
Growls? that stinks.
Amorphis only became great when they dropped the growls. Their death vocalist was just dreadful....too 'brutal', too indistinguishable. Had he sounded anything like Mikael of Opeth or Aaron of My Dying Bride, it would be fine.

No it's a new guy and may be in the Akerfeldt ballpark, it's not growling a la Corpsegrind Fisher (but not clean enough to be enjoyable by me).

NP: Wonderland - 'Raise Your Wings'

This song is actually quite good! The music sounds great, vocals are cool too.

The Nuclear Blast site also has an audio of another new song - with death growls - and it, too, is good.

Definitely getting this one - it sounds like a major improvement over the last release which I found very disappointing.

SoundMaster said:
Their death vocalist was just dreadful....too 'brutal', too indistinguishable. Had he sounded anything like Mikael of Opeth or Aaron of My Dying Bride, it would be fine.

IMO the brutal death vocals were superb, one of my favourite voices, I still listen to their early works with admiratiion...
Karelian Isthmus was a masterpiece!:headbang:

Priest of Evil said:
IMO the brutal death vocals were superb, one of my favourite voices, I still listen to their early works with admiratiion...
Karelian Isthmus was a masterpiece!:headbang:

That it is.