New Anaal Nathrakh

The Grimace

New Metal Member
Oct 21, 2004
North of the Valley, South of the Hills
Ok, so I just got the new disc, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I've ever heard a band blow their load so completely on their debut in my entire life. 'Codex Necro' was one of my favorites of the past decade, but the new album is... I don't even know what to call it. It sounds like something one of my friends would throw together on Fruity Loops over a long, drunk weekend.

Opinions on Anaal becoming... suck?

You're probably just bitter because everyone said Pandemonic Hyperblast was their best song. It's actually one of their worst.

i've got The Codex Necro and WFRDFTSMWRAIHS and love them both. i definatly listen to The Codex Necro more though.

btw, is "Total Fucking Necro" worth getting? i keep seeing it but always seem to find other stuff i want more.

The Codex Necro slayed pretty competently. Domine Non Es Dignus is easy listening.

I like the new one, although I miss the fury of old Anaal, atleast they've showed that they can write decent, mature songs rather than just mashing there instruments and vocal chords at high speed.

sikth said:
I like the new one, although I miss the fury of old Anaal, atleast they've showed that they can write decent, mature songs rather than just mashing there instruments and vocal chords at high speed.

^

The new songs don't sound mature to me. They sound more accessible but not necessarily mature.

Seriously... I mean, did anyone really get into Anaal for any reason other than every fucking media outlet calling them the "sonic embodiment of absolute hatred" or whatever? I know they probably want to make a lasting career for themselves as diverse artists... but I want the sound of baby goats being raped, not fucking HeVy ThRASh RiFFz!1 :lol:

Then listen to Axis Of Perdition, etc. Anaal Nathrakh established themselves as a seperate entity with DNED during a time when a lot of bands were going the "PVRE SONIC H8RED 6666666666" route, so I think that's pretty mature.