New Andromeda sounds like....Miles Davis

That's freakin' hilarious!! :lol:

Weird mistakes happen sometimes, though. I bought the original Mike and the Mechanics album on vinyl (yes, I'm showing my age) when it first came out, and though the *labels* were different on both sides of the disc, the music was identical. I had Side One twice. :) Phenomenal album, BTW...

I thought about keeping it as a collector's item, but I was a poor college student and couldn't afford to buy a second copy that was "right," so I returned it.

My Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos on vinyl has side 3 printed on side 4 as well. I kept it cuz its funny, but I wish they printed side 4 twice, not side 3. Lol :lol:

It reminds me of the time I bought Suicidal Tendencies "Light's, Camera, Revolution" and inside there was a Garth Brooks record

That happened to me a long time ago. I bought a cassette of Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time, oh, around 1994. I opened it up and it said Milli Vanilli. I popped it in anyway. It was Maiden's Somewhere in Time.

It was a used tape place. I'm guessing someone bootlegged Somewhere in Time by recording over a Milli Vanilli tape and then got a Somewhere in time insert to put in the cassette shell.

It's kinda startling, but the new Andromeda CD The Immunity Zone -- that I bought at PPUSA -- sounds just like the Miles Davis Quintet.........

....because it actually IS the Miles Davis Quintet, the CD Cookin' with The Miles Davis Quintet.

Lance, it's a Nightmare release. Any explanation?

Strange shit happens. I'll never forget my disappointment about 15 years ago when I bought Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder. Disc 2, while it was pressed as DSoT disc 2, had the Police's Synchronicity album as the audio.

The Police don't cut it when I want some Floyd!

Reminded me this scene from Jerry Maguire :heh: :

"

Chad... how are you?

- Treat her right.
- Yeah...

She's great.

I know this might be awkward,
but I want you to use this.

God, Chad...

This is Miles Davis
and John Coltrane.

Stockholm .

Two masters of freedom, playing
before their art was corrupted -

- by cocktail-lounge performers
who destroyed this American legacy.

Jazz.

I've put some Mingus
on there, too.

- No barriers, no boundaries...
- Chad, I got it.

"

My version of CIIC's Delusions of Grandeur has two photos of each band member inside the booklet. It's weird! Surely it was a mistake and not meant to be published that way.

~Brian~

I don't think it was a mistake. I think they just wanted to make sure people knew who they were before approaching the band.

Fan (to Zak): Hey man, nice to meet you! I love your drums on the last album.

Zak: *sigh* I need to come up with a way to prevent this from happening again. *thinks* Wait, I GOT IT!

:lol:

I don't think it was a mistake. I think they just wanted to make sure people knew who they were before approaching the band.

Fan (to Zak): Hey man, nice to meet you! I love your drums on the last album.

Zak: *sigh* I need to come up with a way to prevent this from happening again. *thinks* Wait, I GOT IT!

:lol:

:lol:...could be!

~Brian~

Keep the Miles Davis disc and consider yourself lucky.

Oh, absolutely! (But I'm hoping Lance sends me the Andromeda as he promised....I do like that band.)

I've bought a couple of Cds that came with two copies of the booklet, weird but not bad

Yep, me too. Usually with a skinnier/shorter booklet...the thicker ones would be more noticeable when packaging.....heck, some of them won't fit two in the jewel case! :)

As a final postscript to this odd little tale, I got a CD in the mail today from Lance. It loads up instantly in good ol' CDex as Andromeda's latest, so all is right with the world. :heh:

Previously, the weirdest CD issue I've ever had was when I bought the digipack version of Bloody Kisses by Type O Negative...sealed and factory-shrinkwrapped...and there was no CD inside. :cry:

I had the same thing happen to me once. Bought an Overkill CD "Years Of Decay"and brought it home. Opened it and popped it in and was like "WTF". Took it out of the CD player and looked at it and it was Prince "1999". So I returned it and the store was very suspicious. So we walked over to the Overkill bin and grabbed another copy. Walked up to the counter and opened the new one in front of them and it was also Prince "1999". So I got some thing else. Hilarious though.

The entire second pressing of MANTICORA's "Roots Of Eternity" had the right label on the disc, but the CD itself was a Greek techno band :(

I still have one of those left, somewhat of a collectors item, haha

c.

How does this happen? I've heard of pressing issues before certainly, but that's just freaky!

Keep the Miles Davis disc and consider yourself lucky.

Zod

Amen. Cookin' is a CLASSIC album by any musical standard and no collection is complete without it.

funny enough i have had some of my releases come in with the most whacky top spine labels. i love that i have an UPSIDE cd i put out with a MOBB DEEP top spine label!! absolutely classic and i kept it and have it on my shelf.

As a final postscript to this odd little tale, I got a CD in the mail today from Lance. It loads up instantly in good ol' CDex as Andromeda's latest, so all is right with the world. :heh:

Previously, the weirdest CD issue I've ever had was when I bought the digipack version of Bloody Kisses by Type O Negative...sealed and factory-shrinkwrapped...and there was no CD inside. :cry:

So glad, sorry don't check my PM's very often on the boards I'm afraid,
hope you've had time to absorb it, if you would be so kind to post a review on Amazon, itunes or Nightmare for the album, that would be very nice.
Goes for the rest of you forumaniacs as well ; )!