New Angel Witch song - "Dead Sea Scrolls"

Aug 14, 2008
Angel Witch's self-titled debut is without a doubt my favorite metal record of the 80's. I'm sad their re-united lineup hasn't toured here yet, but they uploaded a new song now (!!!!).

http://www.metalblade.com/angelwitch/

I'm liking it alot, but it's not as hooky as their classic numbers. Still a good tune. Bill Steer's (Carcass, Firebird, now in Angel Witch himself) solo is sooo tasty as per expected. An incredibly underrated player.

I have been waiting for this one. I heard about them a few weeks ago doing the new album. I have a feeling they will never play the states on a tour though. Maybe a fest like Maryland Death Fest one day or Ragnarokkr.

I didn't know that Rise Above was putting this out!!!
This label is quite the powerhouse lately.

Anyhow this sounds good.

Much better than their attempt at thrash when Tom Hunting was behind the throne!!!

It's MetalBlade for the US.

Yeah, MB took over US distro for Rise Above a couple years back.
Though its Rise Above who signed them.

Lots of potential for some killer tour packages here!!!

How tasty would an ANGEL WITCH / ELECTRIC WIZARD / GATES OF SLUMBER tour be???????????????

My mouth is watering as we speak!

Yeah, MB took over US distro for Rise Above a couple years back.
Though its Rise Above who signed them.

Lots of potential for some killer tour packages here!!!

How tasty would an ANGEL WITCH / ELECTRIC WIZARD / GATES OF SLUMBER tour be???????????????

My mouth is watering as we speak!

That line up would get everyone energetic because they would all fall asleep for the first 2 bands and then wake up for Angel Witch.

I didn't even know they were working on a new disc. Thanks for the tip. The song is very good IMO, and in the style of the classic s/t album, which is a big plus in my book. :headbang:

Are you even remotely suggesting that TGOS suck, but Dark Throne doesn't? (Ok, they have what might be considered the divine trilogy of BM, but everything after that is complete garbage) :lol:

I was right with you up until this. That is up there with yesterday's 'Slayer is not a good band' as one of the dumbest things ever said in the history of the internet. HAIL DARKTHRONE.