New Arch Enemy

Wow, if that had proper harsh vocals it'd be pretty good.

Yes, I think I know what you mean. Not quite pure death vocals, but not kiddy screamo either........they keep getting labelled as progressive/thrash, I can see a little bit of both in their song structures. I'm loving it :)

I've never understood how people can say 'I hate melodeath'. If you like melody, which you obviously do, because music is melody, and you also like death metal, I fail to see how you can prove that the two concepts are mutually exclusive. Maybe you're tired of the genre because so many bands today sound alike, which is fine, but to say the entire genre is 'bad' is ridiculous. Early material from bands like In Flames, At the Gates and Nightrage is some of the sickest music around. Of course there are loads of good bands in the genre, and if you take the time to look then you'll find them.

Most metal forums will say melo death and melodic death are two different things, and they'd be right.

Melo Death is a misnomer for Gothenburg. It's closer to power metal than anything, really no death influence at all.

I had this argument in GMD a while back and crushed. Saying it's remotely like power metal is just plain silly. I won't repeat the argument here, though. Look it up in the controversial opinions...thread.