New Arch Enemy

WOS was the album that got me into AE. First time I heard Enemy Within I shit myself. Of course I was early in my career as a metal listener and much more enthusiastic than I am now...

If you want NEW good melodeath then look no fucking further than the album of 2011: New World Shadows by Omnium Gatherum. Unbelievable album. And you like hooks...and the second half of the song is just unstoppable.

I hear a lot of BTBAM in that song for some reason. Must be the dxm.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want NEW good melodeath then look no fucking further than the album of 2011: New World Shadows by Omnium Gatherum. Unbelievable album. And you like hooks...and the second half of the song is just unstoppable.

You are so right! Can't stop playing this album, has a real feel good factor about it too. I love the track "Ego"! First discovered OG when they played a small festival on the UK a couple of years ago, would love the chance to see them again. Amazing band!

I really like the new In Flames, too. It's chock full of hooks a la old In Flames. It's nothing new, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's pretty cool. Very nostalgic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU6ybcgXxzE&feature=related[/ame]

And the violin/cello interlude in this is nothing short of epic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFgQqklqHM&feature=related[/ame]

Sorry, I just like the new In Flames. Not from a metal standpoint because it's clearly heavy pop, but I like it for what it is. I'm not listening to it because I think it's great guitar work or anything groundbreaking or heavy, just that it's hooky and melodic.

No need to be sorry. Blessed are those who can enjoy a wider variety of music. I pity those who limit their musical interests to very few bands and genres.

I'm really trying to like this album you're praising but it's not working.

that's too bad mate. it's pretty kick ass...lots of awesome melodies. give it a few spins...if it doesn't click then fuck it. GO listen to Stone's Reach by Be'lakor....now THAT is a fucking mammoth of a record, as I've been saying!!

Seriously, if you can't appreciate it then you've no business fishing in this genre.

That In Flames song had a cool beginning but then the beginning ended.