New Ascension Track!

AlexJacobii

You are a Gimp.
Feb 20, 2009
Michigan
I should have made this thread about 4 hours ago but I am lazy so it did not happen!
Anyways Ascension put a new track up on youtube from their upcoming album "Far Beyond the Stars" which was produced by Grammy nominated producer and guitarist Mr. Andy LaRocque from King Diamond and a few other esteemed bands! "Somewhere Back in Time" is not an Iron Maiden cover as I first thought due to the title being a title of one of IM's songs, it is an original tune by Ascension which features shredding guitars, an inhuman display of badassery by Dick Gilchrist on drums, thunder clap bass, and an amazing showing of vocal prowess by Richard Carny! Altogether it is a great track and I hope you all give it a listen!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXl3LKrZF8&feature=share[/ame]

Thanks for posting this man

Kingface, it will probably a bit longer than 2 months, we're currently in the process of taking a label on board and given negotiation processes/everything else that needs
to be sorted and confirmed taking a long time, it could be as long as another 4 - 6 months!!! not so ideal, but to much effort/money/energy has gone into the album
to simply give it a self release again.

Hope everyone's enjoying the new song :)

Ah always cracking to hear more from Ascension - fond memories of being blown away by the vocalist at a uni gig. He stands out, perhaps dominates, on this track. It's mercilessly energetic! Guitars and vocals up and down like fireworks at a fairground - in fact would like to hear a more sustained approach aside from the shredtacular but yeah awesome :headbang:

According to Ricki, Ascension is negotiating to have 2 songs released as downloads for the game Rock Band. This would include Somewhere Back in Time. Sounds pretty cool and I hope it works for them.